Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 21 Power v Swans Sat 10-Aug at Adelaide Oval #AFLPowerSwans @sydneyswans

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    Just watched Horse's press conference. I thought his performance was disappointing and his answers to the questions were at the best average.

Not an inspiring effort for a team that struggled badly today.
    Yes, it was very flat. Fire up Horse!

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    The Ages gave votes to the top 5 players, the only Swan to get votes was ...

Jake Lloyd
    They clearly just check the stats and mail it in.

Veterans List
    If you think we were poor, check out the scores of the later 2 games. Puts things a little in to perspective.

At least Lloyd found the footy.

Kennedy has been so poor he has to be injured.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    If you think we were poor, check out the scores of the later 2 games. Puts things a little in to perspective.

At least Lloyd found the footy.

Kennedy has been so poor he has to be injured.
    We had the highest score of the 5 losing teams today - if that counts for something!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    Parker lost a lot of one on ones. He just seems to have lost his fast reflex movement so I suspect an injury.

Hewitt got a pretty good amount of ball but we have to try and shutdown their best player don't we? I guess Clarke could have had a go but might be too short for Boak.

EDIT - I knew I should have checked it! Clarke is supposedly 1cm taller than Boak!
    Parker will almost certainly make the AA squad and is a pretty good chance to make the team - he's allowed an off day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    It’s hard to maintain support for a club when they are what is obviously one of the dirtiest and most undisciplined teams in the AFL. Can’t see any other reason for 26-11 free kick count
    I did have to smirk when the afl.com.au match feed noted half way through the last qr that Port hadn't conceded a free kick since the second qr - I guess that's one way to look at that stat!

Senior Player
    Promising game from Blakey today. Played almost entirely on the wing and racked up 20, a career high. His acceleration generally gives him a chance to break free and dispose of it, which he usually does well.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    We had the highest score of the 5 losing teams today - if that counts for something!

- - - Updated - - -

Parker will almost certainly make the AA squad and is a pretty good chance to make the team - he's allowed an off day.

- - - Updated - - -

Parker has has a good ( not great ) year but I don’t think he has a snowflakes chance of making the AA side , the squad maybe but the side no way.

I did have to smirk when the afl.com.au match feed noted half way through the last qr that Port hadn't conceded a free kick since the second qr - I guess that's one way to look at that stat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    I guess the number of kicks count when selecting best players. How Lloyd can be put into the best when most of his kicks lead to turnovers. You should only count effective kicks and dedust ineffective kicks

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    I guess the number of kicks count when selecting best players. How Lloyd can be put into the best when most of his kicks lead to turnovers. You should only count effective kicks and dedust ineffective kicks
    Most of his kicks? One clanger sticks out. Thought he played ok.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Most of his kicks? One clanger sticks out. Thought he played ok.
    Yes, his disposal efficiency was 73%. I remember a couple of bad kicks. He was in the top group of players and one of few to play close to his usual standard.

Veterans List
    I went of course but chose not to sit in the damp Swans area but in the dry General Admission area, bit too high up but it was so cold I couldn't bear getting wet as well.

Nothing much to get excited about as you saw on telly but Blakey is so exciting, a player his height to have that much speed, clean ball handling and footy nous is very very rare.

Would have been nice to see Bell get a goal and whilst his numbers weren't big I'd like to see him play the last two games although KJ probably gets a farewell game at someones expense in a fortnight.

Most exciting thing for the day was the reaming of the Injectors and a record low score for North combined with the freeze out of GWS on Friday night. Can only hope for the Crows to get a flogging today!

Veterans List
    After watching the last two games I'm wondering how much we want to win? Yes, young team late season, no ruck, woeful umpiring (or are we just undisciplined?) but moments like Heeney missing two easy shots on goal for a narrow loss had me wondering. Everything has to be about draft picks and next/future seasons so I don't mind but it's unusual to watch the Swans play as they are right now.

On the bright side, I hope next year is the renaissance as there's so much emerging talent that will benefit from a summer in the gym but suspect it might be 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    After watching the last two games I'm wondering how much we want to win? Yes, young team late season, no ruck, woeful umpiring (or are we just undisciplined?) but moments like Heeney missing two easy shots on goal for a narrow loss had me wondering. Everything has to be about draft picks and next/future seasons so I don't mind but it's unusual to watch the Swans play as they are right now.

On the bright side, I hope next year is the renaissance as there's so much emerging talent that will benefit from a summer in the gym but suspect it might be 2021.
    I think we will see incremental improvement next year, and have no doubt we will pick up a few more of the 'close' games compared to this year (we have lost a lot of close ones this year) - but also feel like it'll be 2021 before we see a strong upwards swing in fortunes.

Happy to be proven wrong however
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."