Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: #AFL Round 21 Power v Swans Sat 10-Aug at Adelaide Oval #AFLPowerSwans @sydneyswans

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I agree. Swans fans need to have a bit of faith in the coaching staff and club management. These folk are proven performers over a
    long period of time. I mean how many finals series have we missed? Two in god knows how many years. Two premierships and five
    GF appearances in the last 15 years. Most teams and their supporters would kill for a record like this.
    Spot on!!

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I agree. Swans fans need to have a bit of faith in the coaching staff and club management. These folk are proven performers over a
    long period of time. I mean how many finals series have we missed? Two in god knows how many years. Two premierships and five
    GF appearances in the last 15 years. Most teams and their supporters would kill for a record like this.
    Hmmm, maybe, but I thought horse’s post match was pi&&weak (& I’m generally on the horse bandwagon).

I thought our second half effort was pretty poor - & I haven’t seen our team give up that many times over the years, so maybe that explains Longmire’s flatness.

Then again, I think many on this forum predicted a lean year, so, overall we can’t be too disappointed. Losing can become a habit, however, (as we’ve seen from the tankers over the years) which means a quick rebound is critical. No one wants to join a team on the decline.

It’s gonna be an interesting off-season. Will we see a quick rebound or a continued slide into mediocrity?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Hmmm, maybe, but I thought horse’s post match was pi&&weak (& I’m generally on the horse bandwagon).

I thought our second half effort was pretty poor - & I haven’t seen our team give up that many times over the years, so maybe that explains Longmire’s flatness.

Then again, I think many on this forum predicted a lean year, so, overall we can’t be too disappointed. Losing can become a habit, however, (as we’ve seen from the tankers over the years) which means a quick rebound is critical. No one wants to join a team on the decline.

It’s gonna be an interesting off-season. Will we see a quick rebound or a continued slide into mediocrity?
    Good post, particularly re losing becoming a habit. I think that may have been why John was a bit down. The second half was dispiriting, because it felt like we'd finally buckled to a very @@@@ season. A terrible season for the reasons we've all discussed: so many senior players falling off a fitness/performance cliff; Buddy's worrying injuries; the deep hole in our ruck stocks. Losing is starting to feel a bit habitual; we've fought against it for a while, but our reserves are ebbing.

I think that off season, and next year's fortunes, will be affected by the next fortnight. We need to win at least one, preferably both, particularly given the quality of the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Good post, particularly re losing becoming a habit. I think that may have been why John was a bit down. The second half was dispiriting, because it felt like we'd finally buckled to a very @@@@ season. A terrible season for the reasons we've all discussed: so many senior players falling off a fitness/performance cliff; Buddy's worrying injuries; the deep hole in our ruck stocks. Losing is starting to feel a bit habitual; we've fought against it for a while, but our reserves are ebbing.

I think that off season, and next year's fortunes, will be affected by the next fortnight. We need to win at least one, preferably both, particularly given the quality of the opposition.
    Good post MW.
    I agree that the next two games are critical to give our young bloods a boost and to set up our 2020 pre season.

Our experienced players - Kennedy, Reid, Rampe, Lloyd need to show the younger players how to win.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    We had the highest score of the 5 losing teams today - if that counts for something!

- - - Updated - - -

Parker will almost certainly make the AA squad and is a pretty good chance to make the team - he's allowed an off day.

- - - Updated - - -

I did have to smirk when the afl.com.au match feed noted half way through the last qr that Port hadn't conceded a free kick since the second qr - I guess that's one way to look at that stat!
    This is last game of 2016 similarities.
    It basically means that in every contest during that time Port were perfect. What an outstanding team.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Some would say we were playing with no ruckman when sinkers was playing.
    Harsh but fair

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516