Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Changes For Round 22 v Demons

Changes For Round 22 v Demons

We got smashed in the ruck yet again, and now come up against Max Gawn. I've no idea what we can do with the players that are available? But doing the same thing and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.

Reckon Bell should play again. Melican comes back

OUT: McLean, Fox
    IN: Knoll / Amartey, Melican

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    We got smashed in the ruck yet again, and now come up against Max Gawn. I've no idea what we can do with the players that are available? But doing the same thing and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.

Webbos, a bit more competition in the ruck would help. I saw Darcy is listed as 1 week away but would it be too much to parachute him straight in? Otherwise Knoll might be a better option given he is a bigger body than Amartey?
    How about Mills in the midfield? About time we are given then chance to see if he really is the real deal as an inside ball winner.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post

Agree with the outs. It's time for Knoll. Also wonder whether it might be time to give Pink a go down back.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Agree with the outs. It's time for Knoll. Also wonder whether it might be time to give Pink a go down back.
    Probably won't happen but for the last two games,to give us the best chance of winning, I would bring in Melican and play Allir in the ruck. We would actually win some centre clearances. Gives us some real run as well.

Veterans List
    Two games that mean stuff all, try something. Happy to see Amartey given a run.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Probably won't happen but for the last two games,to give us the best chance of winning, I would bring in Melican and play Allir in the ruck. We would actually win some centre clearances. Gives us some real run as well.
    Listening to John's presser, he seems very over getting smashed in the ruck - had the stats ready to go. Based on that, I think the McLean experiment is over for now. So it's Knoll, Amartey or Reid/Aliir.

The latter combo is part of the mix that's been getting smashed, and I suspect Amartey would too.

So it's Knoll. Knoll picked up 25 possessions in the NEAFL. The bits I saw, he seems a bit ungainly, but makes second efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Listening to John's presser, he seems very over getting smashed in the ruck - had the stats ready to go. Based on that, I think the McLean experiment is over for now. So it's Knoll, Amartey or Reid/Aliir.

The latter combo is part of the mix that's been getting smashed, and I suspect Amartey would too.

So it's Knoll. Knoll picked up 25 possessions in the NEAFL. The bits I saw, he seems a bit ungainly, but makes second efforts.
    We've had some pretty ungainly looking players who have done really good jobs for us. LRT and Mike Pyke are the two that spring to mind.

Opti-pessi-misti
    I would go with Knoll in, McLean out. I think taking Aliir and Reid out of their positions messes up the forward and back lines and he can at least match Gawn in size. I would give Pink a go in the back line and put McCartin back in the forward line or back in the NEAFL. I thought Pink played really well on Saturday and if we are looking to next year it would be good to see how he coped. If McCartin was to be kept in either Bell, Rowbottom or Fox out, probably Bell.

Regular in the Side
    Knoll has to come in. Note that Preuss had 75 HO in the VFL so we may be facing Gawn & Preuss.

I thought Rowbottom was way off and needs to go to the 2's to grow up a bit!

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    I would go with Knoll in, McLean out. I think taking Aliir and Reid out of their positions messes up the forward and back lines and he can at least match Gawn in size. I would give Pink a go in the back line and put McCartin back in the forward line or back in the NEAFL. I thought Pink played really well on Saturday and if we are looking to next year it would be good to see how he coped. If McCartin was to be kept in either Bell, Rowbottom or Fox out, probably Bell.
    Anyone but Reid!!

Couldn't take a mark and was out muscled by the Port defenders time and time again.

Lets give our young players a chance.

And JPK needs to be taken out of the centre.

Love him but he has no speed left and that one of the reasons why we are getting smashed in the centre.
    doof-doof

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    Anyone but Reid!!

Couldn't take a mark and was out muscled by the Port defenders time and time again.

Lets give our young players a chance.

And JPK needs to be taken out of the centre.

Love him but he has no speed left and that one of the reasons why we are getting smashed in the centre.
    Agree. JPK has been our star for many years and it looks like he needs a rest from the centre pressure. Mills in centre. Lloyd and Lizard on wings, Reid in forwards

Out: McLean, Fox, McCartin
    In : Knoll, Melican, Armety

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast