Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 22 Weekly Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Dogs grinding down the Giants..... I suppose a free kick advantage of 14 - 5 will do that. I effing hate that team.... Davis just told an umpire "You just don't understand". He was right, the commentators backed him but I suspect that umpire understands alright. He understands that his employer would like another fairytale perhaps....this disgusting bias towards Melbourne teams (or against Sydney teams) is ruining this league.
    +1

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Dogs grinding down the Giants..... I suppose a free kick advantage of 15 - 5 will do that. I effing hate that team.... Phil Davis just told an umpire "You just don't understand". He was right, the commentators backed him but I suspect that umpire understands alright. He understands that his employer would like another fairytale perhaps....this disgusting bias towards Melbourne teams (or against Sydney teams) is ruining this league.
    It's now 17 to 5 fre kicks. Victorian umpires screwing over another Sydney side. Just so unusual!!!! Of course there is no bias there. LOL, LOL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    It's now 17 to 5 fre kicks. Victorian umpires screwing over another Sydney side. Just so unusual!!!! Of course there is no bias there. LOL, LOL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Not the first time GWS has been screwed over in a game against the Bulldogs.
    The Giants were just as hardly done by in the 2016 finals as we were.
    Disgraceful pro-Bulldog umpiring in the last 2 games of 2016!

Veterans List
    My earlier post stating the free kick count was 14-5 (amended to 15-5) was 40 minutes ago. The Giants still have 5 frees. They have recieved 5 frees in almost an entire game! The umpires don't even try to hide it now.....and the Giants have just given up trying.

Veterans List
    5 free kicks in a match must be some sort of record. It seems almost impossible for this to happen.

Veterans List
    After seeing what happened in the cricket overnight, I am loving this line from Titus O'Rielly:

"As for the Power, with finals on the line, this performance was as bewildering as Joe Root claiming he isn’t a cheat." Spot on.....

https://www.titusoreily.com/afl/the-...und-twenty-two

I just realised, that of all the top 8 teams (which I am assuming will remain the same after next week, with the same top 4), the team I least want to see win is Geelong. Surprising, I know. Largely that is due to C. Scott.

I have to confess that I don't bear the same hatred towards the Bulldogs/fairypuppies as others. It's not their fault they were the beneficiaries of dubious umpiring. And I was moved by the great emotion their fans felt from the result, much as we were when we won in 2005 and everyone wished us well. That could easily have been regarded as an AFL-scripted story line too, but nobody is suggesting that (helped that Andy D had thrown everyone off the scent by calling our footy ugly). Even if the sliding tackles that nobbled Hannebery et al in the granny were deliberately intended to injure (and I'm not sure that they were), I hold that more against the player than the team. Not so sure I like Luke Beveridge though. He , like quite a few senior coaches, seems to have thug/bully aspect to him which is offputting.

Veterans List
    So the Saints are prepared to offer Bradley Hill $900,000 a year and he is contracted to the end of 2021. Didn't someone else recently transfer to them on similar terms? Gee, the rest of the squad must be on bread and dripping.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I watched the first 3/4 of the Giants/Bulldogs game, it was the most biased umpiring I've seen this season. I'm not surprised by the final result, the Giants players seemed genuinely disheartened.

The one that stands out in my mind as the worst was Johannisen being wrapped up in a perfect tackle in the Giants F50 and somehow the decision being holding the man against the Giants. The only possible justification the umpire could have would be they assumed Johannisen did something clever (he didn't).
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

‘THE AFL has made a stunning interpretation change to the studs-up rule less than 24 hours after it was blasted by Richmond coach Damien Hardwick.

Tigers forward Jack Riewoldt was penalised twice for using his studs in a marking contest during Sunday's win over West Coast.

While the AFL said both decisions were correct, they have made an immediate change to the interpretation of the rule ahead of round 23. ‘

So ... Hardwick complains, AFL change the rule. H’mmm Longmire, time for more complaining?

The AFL has made a stunning interpretation change to the studs-up rule Rule change stunner: AFL relaxes interpretation to studs-up rule - AFL.com.au

You couldn't write Vic bias more clearly than the overturning of the Toby Greene rule as soon as a Vic player gets penalised for it.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    You couldn't write Vic bias more clearly than the overturning of the Toby Greene rule as soon as a Vic player gets penalised for it.
    AFL reacts straight after Hardwick squeals. Embarrassment and laughing stock.