Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 22 Weekly Discussion Thread

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I think picking on Toby has become a national sport in itself, and the AFL got sucked into it. The last couple of weeks while his
    team mates have barely given a yelp, he is the one guy in that team who will just not lie down. They should make him captain.
    They should make him captain....you're right, he's the only Giant that seems invested in their long term success. However, in regard to 'picking on him', well he brought that on himself didn't he? Hardly a nice fella in the past despite his current efforts for his team. The league was right to take action on his studs out efforts against us last year but like all things AFL, they stuffed it up as usual. The rule should always have been only for front on 'studs out' contact as Toby actually did. If the AFL had just sensibly done that we wouldn't even be having this debate today.....but as we know, the AFL are NOT sensible.

Senior Player
    And now Ross Lyon has been sacked. Four coaches gone already this year...

Veterans List
    Just saw that....WOW, but somehow not....I'm sort of not surprised. Is that the end for Lyon or will he bob up somewhere else to strangle another team into negative submission?

Veterans List
    Jordan Lewis has also retired.....good riddance!

Oh Ross... what went wrong??
    Didn't see that coming. (Not.)
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Jordan Lewis has also retired.....good riddance!
    Well, Hello Jordan Lewis. All you fans who can't get enough of Jordon Lewis will be able to see him more than ever now that he can devote his entire time to being a media personality.

I would write more, but I have to call BT and tell him about my idea for a new footy show called Lewis & Lyon. Maybe we could throw in Kane Cornes. We need to get rid of this likable Bob trend and get back to some real entertainment.

I'll throw out a couple of names for the Freo coaching job: Mick Malthouse, Boomber Thompson. Freo are going into an extended fall, so good to have a coach to blame it on.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 20th August 2019 at 02:25 PM.

Good riddance

Veterans List
    Facing a player exodus as well, maybe that's why they moved early?

Senior Player
    Brad Scott, Jordan Roughhead, Jordan Lewis, Ross Lyon, all of them hard to love. At least Toby bought his mum a house.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    I can't figure out the Giants. Seems like they've been given every chance to succeed and then some by the AFL yet they can't retain players, can't win the big games. Is it the coach/coaching staff, the lack of a strong identity or club culture, something else?
    No one really likes them, and they know it.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Good riddance
    I don't get the Ross Lyon hate. Particularly amongst Sydney supporters. Ross was a key player in our 2005 premiership success. I would argue that without him there is no 2005 flag.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Just saw that....WOW, but somehow not....I'm sort of not surprised. Is that the end for Lyon or will he bob up somewhere else to strangle another team into negative submission?
    not really surprising. I never liked Ross the boss - he comes across to me as a mean individual. 4 coaches gone in 1 year and the year is not over yet. I think Simon Goodwin might be a bit nervous.

I'm tipping it here - Fremantle will be wooden spooners next year.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast