Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: #AFL Round 22 Weekly Discussion Thread

Gws would be completely mad not to ensure Ross Lyon is their new coach 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Gws would be completely mad not to ensure Ross Lyon is their new coach 2020
    They already have a coach who they’d have to sack.
    Ross comes with a lot of baggage.
    And he said he might not want a senior coaching gig.

I actually think Brad Scott would be a better fit for GWS. His early years at North were impressive, and he'll bring a bit of mongrel to the team.

Ross has failed at Freo, and Freo are a bit like GWS.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I actually think Brad Scott would be a better fit for GWS. His early years at North were impressive, and he'll bring a bit of mongrel to the team.

Ross has failed at Freo, and Freo are a bit like GWS.
    Hang on , wasn’t it your suggestion initially ? You arguing with yourself now Baz? Or is it that people agreed with you so you had to change your mind ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Hang on , wasn’t it your suggestion initially ? You arguing with yourself now Baz? Or is it that people agreed with you so you had to change your mind ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Funny. But people are allowed to change their mind I suppose. Anyway, Ross and Brad Scott are both old grumps, and would be
    an improvement on Cameron who has been going backward since 2016 when GWS were very close to being the best
    team in the comp. And for Lyon, he'd get to live in Sydney again after 8 years in dull old Perth.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Well I dont know Ross Lyon or Brad Scott's coaching first hand or anything, so I'm just speculating.

In fact, either would be exactly what GWS need. Someone to come in and shake the place up a bit.

I wonder if Carlton and North should have extended their coaching appointments. Would Lyons availability have swayed the result. He might have said no to them a few weeks ago.... but now. ?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789