Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: UMPIRES - FREE KICKS

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Don't make my veins pop on a Monday afternoon KT - still get so angry about that day, and always will until we either get our revenge when it matters, or lift the cup again on Grand Final day. Its one thing to get beaten well and truly like 2014, but 2016 grates because it was such a close contest for such a large part of the game, despite us playing with a hand tied behind our back as the search for the fairypuppies premiership was in full swing. I still maintain that with a more even umpiring performance that reflected the actual closeness of the contest, it would of went right down to the wire, and we could have easily have been holding the cup aloft.

Ah well, I will go back to dreaming of our young cygnets tearing the competition and new one in coming years and lifting that cup again. I have a feeling that we are well on the right track - and even dodgy umpiring might not be enough to stop them.
    And who can forget the free against Jack for kicking in danger when he jumped over the player on the ground, laughable.

Senior Player
    Clearly, it's totally fanciful that a team only infringes the rules five times in an entire game like yesterday. Or eight times in a grand
    final, a game where the intensity and attack on the ball goes through the roof. Over time this stuff (and it's been going on for two
    decades now) just adds insult to injury once you add in the myriad of institutional inequalities that exist in the league. But to my
    mind even all of these things combined pale when compared to the disgraceful treatment of Adam Goodes over the last three years
    of his footy career, and the out-and-out gutlessness of the AFL to stand up for the bloke at the time. The AFL should have just died of
    shame over their non response to that issue.
    Last edited by KTigers; 19th August 2019 at 06:28 PM.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    And who can forget the free against Jack for kicking in danger when he jumped over the player on the ground, laughable.
    I recall that incident and I remember how the umpire blew the whistle and hesitated to say anthing. Arghhh it a a a kicking in danger! Yes that proves corruption exists in the umpiring ranks. Thanks Roosy for bringing up this constant discrepancy and as Charlie Gardner said " it's not the free kicks they get, it the free kicks we don't get". It's funny how they have Victoria umpires, SA umpires, WA umpires, female umpires but no umpires from the most populated state in Australia called NSW.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    That was actually a free kick and 50m penalty if I remember correctly. Astonishing stuff.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    We can only deal with what we can control.
    We can't control the umpires or their dubious decisions.
    Yeah I know, it's what we were all taught as we grew up - but this isn't just the slightly unbalanced perceptions of impassioned fans - it's 20 years of quantified bias.
    It's difficult not to get bent out of shape about.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    That was actually a free kick and 50m penalty if I remember correctly. Astonishing stuff.
    And a goal ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Yeah I know, it's what we were all taught as we grew up - but this isn't just the slightly unbalanced perceptions of impassioned fans - it's 20 years of quantified bias.
    It's difficult not to get bent out of shape about.
    There's absolutely n.o.t.h.i.n.g. we, or the club for that matter, can do about it.
    They are a law unto themselves.
    Maybe if they make them "professional", i.e. let them make a lucrative living from umpiring (which, of course means that they can get dropped and miss a match payment if their umpiring is not up to "par").
    It would entice kids who perhaps aren't "elite" enough to play, but have an intense passion for the game to still "play".
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Placards : FREES FOR THEM xx
    FREES FOR US x

So they can’t miss it during the games

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456