Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 22 Demons v Swans Fri 16-Aug at MCG #AFLDeesSwans @sydneyswans

I’m a bit concerned about Paps after tonight. Didn’t seem his bubbly self. Often couldn’t see him celebrating the successes of his team mates when they goaled. Not the same excitement when he did good things (not that a game low 7 disposals will yield much celebrating) even his goals seemed a little uneventful and I didn’t notice his team mates coming up to him anywhere near as much.

I’m worried

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Ollie up to 28. Think that move's been a success.
    The second half of Ollie's season has been a season highlight.

- - - Updated - - -

Menzel is an icing on the cake player. Hope we keep him.
    Yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Geez the Dees are a dreadful rabble at the moment. We were good, but they were terrible.

Glad we won that. Tanking is not in our DNA.
    Yep, first win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    I’m a bit concerned about Paps after tonight. Didn’t seem his bubbly self. Often couldn’t see him celebrating the successes of his team mates when they goaled. Not the same excitement when he did good things (not that a game low 7 disposals will yield much celebrating) even his goals seemed a little uneventful and I didn’t notice his team mates coming up to him anywhere near as much.

I’m worried
    Agreed, he was subdued. He looks to have lost his focus, which is worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post

I’m worried
    I thought the opposite.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    She’s trying to even up the free count.
    I notice they often do that when they realise they cannot influence the result of the game. It seems very very suspicious to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    I notice they often do that when they realise they cannot influence the result of the game. It seems very very suspicious to me.

I was there at the game and at 24 frees to 12 they kept putting the free kick count up on the screen regularly for about 5 minutes.
    The umps have to see it and maybe they ease back the favoritism to try and make it look not suspect.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    The second half of Ollie's season has been a season highlight.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, first win.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed, he was subdued. He looks to have lost his focus, which is worrying.
    Everyone has a bad game now and then, especially towards end of year. Despite seeing the worse decision of the season, the Mills back peddle (must have seen that 20 or 30 times this year and never seen a free kick for it). I thought they were some positives against poor opposition. Some great tackling and I love how hard James Bell works to get into some free space,has a lot to learn but great running capacity.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    I’m not a huge fan of BT , but he keeps it light and appeals to younger footy fans with his style . He’s the one commentator who tries to be a little bit different, and many (on here especially ) pan him for it. Can we lighten up a little ? I’ve heard far worse attempts at humour on here that don’t get the treatment they deserve .
    +1

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Re paps

No worries at all

Isn’t he signed on for 2020?

Re last night

There could be many reasons he looked slightly less energetic

Paps looked psyched up as per normal in the first qtr or two when the game was more in the balance

Less pumped in the last two qtr when winning with ease - no lies an over celebration against a @@@@ty team

There would be a stack of athletes also encountering the dreaded cold virus thru winter just like anyone else. Paps could have hit the wall last two qtrs health wise etc

Senior Player
    I thought the opposite.
    Agree. I was at the game and didn't notice anything different

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I was impressed with her umpiring last year and early this season but lately she's has made some blunders. Nowhere near as bad as some of the men though....
    Agree with your comment.

Melbourne were pathetic, but I thought Melican had a very decent game

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    I've got a soft spot for Melbourne as I have many friends who barrack for them but their supporters would be tearing their hair out. Preliminary finalists last year and last night the youngest team in the comp, coming off 6 losses, smashed them on their own ground!

Great to see the spirit in the Swannies rooms after the game last night. Everyone in there was obviously thrilled we were back on the winners' list and even the commentators noticed the positive, family-like feel that was there. No finals for us this year but we've got a lot to be excited about and look forward to!

Go the mighty Bloods!