Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: #AFL Round 22 Demons v Swans Fri 16-Aug at MCG #AFLDeesSwans @sydneyswans

Veterans List
    Isaac Heeney: at the risk of being howled down I question if he is playing lazy footy. Is he injured, because he was just average on Friday. I think most of us expected him to be a dynamic, consistent player. Has played a fair bit up forward recently.

I know what you mean. He isn’t playing badly but he isn’t really imposing himself on games yet. If he’d kicked straight his numbers from Friday would look better.

He was pretty good against the Giants and Geelong.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Isaac Heeney: at the risk of being howled down I question if he is playing lazy footy. Is he injured, because he was just average on Friday. I think most of us expected him to be a dynamic, consistent player. Has played a fair bit up forward recently.
    Bit harsh- has a laconic style but is prone to make silly errors at times. He is a brilliant player but it would be good if he got more of the ball.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite View Post
    Well why don't you gather your facts and evidence and take it to the Federal Police to investigate the corruption or better still demand an Royal Commission into the AFL.
    No, they're too busy helping the government to attack Australian press freedom and keep their dirty little secrets from the Australian public....far too busy!
    Last edited by stevoswan; 18th August 2019 at 05:53 PM.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Lordy, I do wonder sometimes...the kid is a superstar that has saved our bacon repeatedly this year in a number of different roles. And he's just turned 23.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    I don't know if Daisy Pearce studied journalism, or who trained her (clearly not the other commentators), but she is the one AFL commentator who can actually ask a good question. A question that actually requires an answer and elicits information. It is so refreshing to hear her interview players after the game.

The thing that drives me crazy is that it's not that hard to ask a good question if you put 2s thought into it. Here's a (paraphrased) example:

Most commentators to Aliir: "You were up against Max Gawn who's in great form, but you managed to beat him once the ball hit the ground. Was that the plan?"

Pearce to Aliir: "You were up against Max Gawn who's in great form. What was the plan for how to beat him?"

It's nearly the same question, except you let the player answer it instead of answering it yourself. Who knows - maybe you (and the viewers) might learn something!

I wish coaches & players would agree as a group to all go "grumpy Mick" or "grumpy Ross" and answer closed questions with a "Yes" or "No", just to highlight how bad the interviewing is. Maybe it would improve then.
    I would agree with this with many more than two thumbs up if I had them. She's not perfect but she's better than most.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Agree she’s improved her interviewing skills. However I think she’s being wasted as a sideline eye. She’s provided some very insightful views into tactics that is usually the domain of the special comments commentator. I hope she will get a run in this role in the future w

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    I’m a bit concerned about Paps after tonight. Didn’t seem his bubbly self. Often couldn’t see him celebrating the successes of his team mates when they goaled. Not the same excitement when he did good things (not that a game low 7 disposals will yield much celebrating) even his goals seemed a little uneventful and I didn’t notice his team mates coming up to him anywhere near as much.

I’m worried
    You're jumping at shadows....

Veterans List
    In Friday's game I've never heard so many "play on" calls. It seemed mainly directed to us (but that might be paranoia) but someone would take a mark and it was immediate "play on".

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    In Friday's game I've never heard so many "play on" calls. It seemed mainly directed to us (but that might be paranoia) but someone would take a mark and it was immediate "play on".
    I watched bits and pieces of the game Friday night but I'm looking forward to watching the replay where you can concentrate on the little things without having to worry about the score. Being able to rewind incidents is nice.

I suspect the replay will show it was a very ordinary performance by the umpires, will report in with my "official" view in due course :-)

Nice to get a comfortable win in... even though it was only Melbourne, and there's one week of season left.
    Nice shaking of the leg, James. Classy.
    I was impressed with the female umpire Eleni Glouftsis (could be greek!) ... she can umpire us every week.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

I’m so impressed by James rowbottom

He must be on the radar of other clubs ?

First year and revelling in it

Doesn’t look out of place

Pick 25 !!!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415