Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 22 Demons v Swans Fri 16-Aug at MCG #AFLDeesSwans @sydneyswans

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

#AFL Round 22 Demons v Swans Fri 16-Aug at MCG #AFLDeesSwans @sydneyswans

Melbourne Demons (5W15L 17th) v Sydney Swans (6W14L 15th)
    Friday 16th August 2019 7:50pm AEST
    Melbourne Cricket Ground

I imagine when this fixture was made last year, that this would have been a blockbuster game with two teams well in finals contention.

Melbourne

B:14. Michael Hibberd17. Sam Frost8. Jake Lever
    HB:2. Nathan Jones34. Marty Hore3. Christian Salem
    C:48. Kyle Dunkley7. Jack Viney15. Billy Stretch
    HF:40. Corey Wagner31. Bayley Fritsch4. James Harmes
    F:6. Jordan Lewis18. Jake Melksham5. Christian Petracca
    Foll:11. Max Gawn10. Angus Brayshaw13. Clayton Oliver
    Int:9. Charlie Spargo24. Jay Kennedy Harris30. Alex Neal-Bullen
     37. Kade Chandler  
    Emg:21. Braydon Preuss29. Jayden Hunt41. Jay Lockhart
     45. Declan Keilty  

In: Chandler, Hore, Neal-Bullen, Spargo, Stretch
    Out: Oskar Baker (omitted), Jayden Hunt (omitted). Steven May (injured), Oscar McDonald (injured), Harrison Petty (injured),

Sydney

B:14. Callum Mills24. Dane Rampe36. Aliir Aliir
    HB:44. Jake Lloyd30. Tom McCartin34. Jordan Dawson
    C:5. Isaac Heeney29. George Hewett13. Oliver Florent
    HF:25. Ben Ronke22. Nick Blakey11. Tom Papley
    F:15. Kieren Jack20. Sam Reid2. Daniel Menzel
    Foll:41. Hayden McLean12. Josh P. Kennedy26. Luke Parker
    Int:4. Ryan Clarke42. Robbie Fox32. James Bell
     8. James Rowbottom  
    Emg:46. Joel Amartey43. Lewis Melican33. Ryley Stoddart
     1. James Rose  

In: Jack
    Out: Zak Jones (injured)

Umpires: Andrew Stephens (12), Robert Findlay (23), Eleni Glouftsis (34) Em: Nathan Toner (38)

Selected stats from the Footy Live app:

• Across the past month, the Demons have lost the inside 50 count by 16 per game - ranked 18th.
    • Melbourne has taken a mark and immediately played on 29% of the time this season - the second-highest rate recorded of any side.
    • The Demons have scored from 38% of their inside 50 entries this season - ranked 17th.
    • Over the past four weeks, Melbourne has scored from 48% of its inside 50 entries - ranked second.
    • The Demons have lost 35% of their defensive one-on-one contests this season - ranked 18th.
    • Melbourne has scored 105 points directly from Sam Frost's intercept possessions this season - ranked fourth in the AFL.
    • Across the past month, Jordan Lewis has recorded 58 scoreboard impact points - ranked second at the club behind Bayley Fritsch (83).

• The Swans have lost the contested possession count by 11 per game this season - ranked 18th.
    • Over the past four weeks, Sydney has averaged just 21 points from its clearances - ranked 18th.
    • Sydney has won 32% of its offensive one-on-one contests across the season - ranked No. 1
    • The Swans have taken a mark from 22% of their kicks inside 50 this season - ranked No. 1
    • Over the past four weeks, Sydney has launched an inside 50 from 23% of its kick-in chains - ranked second.
    • Oliver Florent recorded career-highs of 640 metres gained and nine clearances against the Power last round.
    • Dane Rampe has won 41% of defensive one-on-one contests this season - ranked third of the top-50 players to have defended a contest.

Head-to-head
    J.​Longmire 2 S.Goodwin 1 (2-0 at MCG)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I imagine when this fixture was made last year, that this would have been a blockbuster game with two teams well in finals contention.
    Yeah...someone on Twitter was wondering why this is the Friday night game. I suppose in theory the fixture could be dynamically altered through the season depending on how teams go, but imagine the outcry...

I'm looking forward to it anyway. Not much more footy for us to enjoy before 7 long months. Hope they give it a good crack.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    [*]Sydney has won 32% of its offensive one-on-one contests across the season - ranked No. 1[*]The Swans have taken a mark from 22% of their kicks inside 50 this season - ranked No. 1[*]Over the past four weeks, Sydney has launched an inside 50 from 23% of its kick-in chains - ranked second.
    Thos are some good signs for mine for the future, especially given the inexperience of so many in our team in the forward half, and their relative lack of body strength (and Buddy not really being involved in much footy either).

The kick in chain one did suprise me.... maybe its just because the other 77% end up with inside 50s for the opposition - or at least that is what it seems hehe!
    Last edited by liz; 16th August 2019 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Fixed quotation formatting
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    AFL on Twitter: "Final teams #AFLDeesSwans: Lewis Melican replaces Hayden McLean.

No changes for the Dees."

Aliir to ruck, concede hitouts, but beat Gawn at ground level. Makes more sense than Plan A.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Starting bench is Menzel Clarke Rowbottom Parker

Clarke to defence ?

It's official, we ARE tanking!

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post

No, it's just that due to his long service on RWO, we're now letting Ludwig pick the side. It may actually be a cunning plan.

Veterans List
    Eleni is one of the umpires. Don't recognise the other two but I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I think this is going to be the smallest crowd I've been in since the 90s.

so far so good. AA experiment working for now

Handy start.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Eleni is one of the umpires. Don't recognise the other two but I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I think this is going to be the smallest crowd I've been in since the 90s.
    Looks a bit like a NRL crowd at Homebush.

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post

Hmmm maybe not... Lol

Is Clarke playing in defense? Jack seems to be playing a bit better.

- - - Updated - - -

That kick by Llooyyyddd was OK naysayers

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast