Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Changes For Round 23 v Saints

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeynez View Post
    Buddy was integral to the Hawks success for 2008 & 2013. If there are some fans that want to boo so be it, but I bet the majority of Hawks fans would be pretty stoked if the R1 Fixture was against Buddy for his 300th.
    I couldn't care less about Hawks fans.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    If it was at the SCG how is booing relevant?
    What.....do you think there will be only Swans fans there?

I always find it to be hypocritical that Hawk's fans perceive Buddy to be a traitor because he dared to leave them yet their side has been made of numerous imports from other Clubs in the past decade.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    What.....do you think there will be only Swans fans there?
    A few hundred Hawks supporters is hardly something to tremble about. Not sure how you would see that as ruining his 300th.

Senior Player
    This would seem to be a press release to reassure us that everyone we'd like to play will play this week, barring any mishaps:

Franklin joins in training - sydneyswans.com.au

Fellow 2012 premiership midfielder and NSW local Kieren Jack called time on his career on Monday and McVeigh is desperate to take the field alongside his former co-skipper.

Franklin and McVeigh will need to pull up well from Tuesday's training run and also get through Thursday's closed session, and pull up without any soreness again, to have any chance of being picked to face the Saints.

If they have no setbacks during the week they will be named to play St Kilda on Thursday night.

OK.... I'll give up my spot this week so that McHack can come back in for one last hurrah... even if it's only for a quarter, I'd like to see him and Kiz go around one more time.
    Save Buddy's 300th for the first game next year... build some momentum over summer.
    Let the veterans have their last day in the sun.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeynez View Post
    Buddy was integral to the Hawks success for 2008 & 2013. If there are some fans that want to boo so be it, but I bet the majority of Hawks fans would be pretty stoked if the R1 Fixture was against Buddy for his 300th.
    Do you think the Hawks fans are that magnanimous? I don't! From what I've read on the Hawthorn pages on BF most Hawks fans are still p1ssed that Buddy left.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I always find it to be hypocritical that Hawk's fans perceive Buddy to be a traitor because he dared to leave them yet their side has been made of numerous imports from other Clubs in the past decade.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Nice point!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    A few hundred Hawks supporters is hardly something to tremble about. Not sure how you would see that as ruining his 300th.
    You may be right but before anything we have to hope the AFL, in their 'wisdom', give us an opening round home game.

Veterans List
    Buddy may be back this week, denying him a possible 'fairytale' 300th against Hawthorn next year....but it's only according to afl.com.au's Adam Curley:

"Get them in: Superstar forward Lance Franklin (hamstring) trained strongly on Tuesday and looks ready to finally play game 300 against St Kilda at the SCG. Veteran Jarrad McVeigh (calf) was also on the track as he pushed for a recall in what will be his farewell game."

In the mix: Who's pushing for selection in round 23? - AFL.com.au

Warming the Bench
    A suggestion on Swans’ social media platforms that Buddy is back - video footage of a jumper commemorating his 300th being hung in his locker.

Veteran Site Admin
    I suspect the idea of the "fairy tale" against Hawthorn appeals more to the media (and maybe the AFL) than it does to the Swans or Buddy. Selfishly (not really) the club would rather not have to share this milestone with Hawthorn, I reckon. And imagine the hype of the build up to round 1 next year if he doesn't play this weekend, more so if the AFL were to fixture against Hawthorn. And then there's the risk that the club doesn't get a home game in round one (regardless of who the opponent is).

Far better to add to the celebration of round 23, in a home game that matters little other than pride (and Pride), fun, farewells, and hopefully milestones.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast