Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Changes For Round 23 v Saints

Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    Having a last game for Macca and Kieran, as well as the occasion of Buddy’s 300th , makes this Round 23 game potentially such a wonderful occasion with great and exciting expectation of the seasons ahead.

It may remind us of the last 2 occasions when the Swans finished their season in a Home and Away game-

In 2002 against Richmond at the Olympic Stadium we farewelled Paul Kelly and Andrew Dunkley. It was the end of one era and the beginning of another. Paul Roos was signed on as a permanent coach a few weeks later, and we drafted a couple of teenagers who became Premiership players-Macca and Nick Melchelski. The next year we hosted a Preliminary Final. Three years later we won the flag.

In 2009 against Brisbane at the SCG we farewelled Micky O, Brett Kirk and Leo Barry. That spring we welcomed Lewis Jetta and Gary Rohan in the draft, as well as Josh Kennedy and Ben McGylnn in the trade, all 2012 players in our Flag year. The next year we hosted and won a finals game (against Carlton). Three years later we won flag.
    This post made my day. Thanks.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    This post made my day. Thanks.
    Love the thinking but not sure I am patient enough to wait 3 years 😀

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I suspect the idea of the "fairy tale" against Hawthorn appeals more to the media (and maybe the AFL) than it does to the Swans or Buddy. Selfishly (not really) the club would rather not have to share this milestone with Hawthorn, I reckon. And imagine the hype of the build up to round 1 next year if he doesn't play this weekend, more so if the AFL were to fixture against Hawthorn. And then there's the risk that the club doesn't get a home game in round one (regardless of who the opponent is).

Far better to add to the celebration of round 23, in a home game that matters little other than pride (and Pride), fun, farewells, and hopefully milestones.
    I totally agree, I was never in the 300th against Hawthorn camp....far better he plays this week. Hope he has a blinder!

Any news on Zak Jones injury (whatever it is) & whether he'll be availble this week?

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Any news on Zak Jones injury (whatever it is) & whether he'll be availble this week?
    Hamstring. Not playing

Thanks. Hoping Zak hasn't played his last game.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    In 2009 against Brisbane at the SCG we farewelled Micky O, Brett Kirk and Leo Barry.
    I was so annoyed after that game because the broadcaster left after the siren and they didn't show the farewell of the players. Foxtel better not leave the game too early this week!

Warming the Bench
    In Bud and Macca. Out whoever wants an early start to their holiday

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

In: Buddy, Macca
    Out: Ronke, Bell

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    They're the most logical outs, didn't do much last week, fairly sure Bud and Macca will contribute more :-)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I was so annoyed after that game because the broadcaster left after the siren and they didn't show the farewell of the players. Foxtel better not leave the game too early this week!
    My memory of that game is a cold evening with shivering players waiting for ages in the centre afterwards, because Kirk wanted to high-five almost everyone in the SCG

Going to be an equally-emotional game this weekend I think.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I wonder if they’ll bring in a ruckman and send AA back to defend?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast