Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Changes For Round 23 v Saints

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Nice to see three ex-Swans lining up for the Saints too. Party time.
    I completely overlooked that Sam Rowe was a former Swan. What's more he's playing his 100th game and final game! It is uncanny that we took Kizza with pick 58 (56th selection) at the 2006 rookie and then went on to take Ed Barlow at 60 (played 34 games - 26 for us and 8 for the Bulldogs), Adam Prior at 61 and Sam Rowe at 62 with the three last picks of that draft. Some pretty good recruiting when you are selecting that late on. Although he hasn't played so much seniors as Kieren, their careers are going to finish together, as they started. Remarkable!
    Last edited by bloodspirit; 23rd August 2019 at 10:42 AM.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I completely overlooked that Sam Rowe was a former Swan. What's more he's playing his 100th game and final game! It is uncanny that we took Kizza with pick 58 (56th selection) at the 2006 rookie and then went on to take Ed Barlow at 60 (played 34 games - 26 for us and 8 for the Bulldogs), Adam Prior at 61 and Sam Rowe at 62 with the three last picks of that draft. Some pretty good recruiting when you are selecting that late on. Although he hasn't played so much seniors as Kieren, their careers are going to finish together, as they started. Remarkable!
    Technically we took Barlow, Rowe and Prior before Jack - they were all NSW priority selections, nominated at the start of the rookie draft but nominally allocated picks at the back end of the draft. Jack was the last "live" selection made in all the drafts that season.

Is Rowe finishing up this week? It would be odd for the Saints to pick him for his first game for them this week if they weren't at least contemplating retaining him on their list next year. But maybe it's been written somewhere that this is just a one-off game for him?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    It will be really weird watching Hanners playing against us on the SCG
    I'm sure it will be hugs and handshakes afterwards. During...well, if he gets crunched early I'd be OK with it. Maybe Blakey could welcome him back, he had a bit of mongrel about him last week

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Is Rowe finishing up this week? It would be odd for the Saints to pick him for his first game for them this week if they weren't at least contemplating retaining him on their list next year. But maybe it's been written somewhere that this is just a one-off game for him?
    Now, I'm not sure where I got that from. I originally made a comment that it looks like Sam Rowe would outlast Kizza and then something made me change that comment and now I don't know what it was. Nothing on the Saints website about Rowe retiring.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Now, I'm not sure where I got that from. I originally made a comment that it looks like Sam Rowe would outlast Kizza and then something made me change that comment and now I don't know what it was. Nothing on the Saints website about Rowe retiring.
    I did see something somewhere suggesting he would play his 100th and final game this weekend - so I don't think your imagining things.

Ed Cheese Barlow... there's a nightmare from yesteryear
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Glad that Hanners can be a part of this game.
    I was ok with him being traded but after last night watching the final qtr of the 2012 GF he along with Jack and McVeigh (and others) was instrumental in helping get the win.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by tasswan View Post
    Glad that Hanners can be a part of this game.
    I was ok with him being traded but after last night watching the final qtr of the 2012 GF he along with Jack and McVeigh (and others) was instrumental in helping get the win.
    It was Hanner's handpass to Malceski's voice that brought about the sealing goal.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567