Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes For Round 23 v Saints

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    No changes unless Franklin or Macca are good to go.
    Agree, no one knocking down the door in the NEAFL. Was a very good win against the Dees so if either Buddy or Macca are back it would be Ronke going out, if both are coming back, maybe Bell as well.

Need to win this to stop the Saints moving up with our second pick!

35% disposal efficiency for Clarke last Friday night

Clarke panics the majority of the time he gets the ball. Needs to back himself more.

I’m hoping for no changes.

Would be ridiculous to risk Buddy for a nothing game. McVeigh is too underdone.

The result of this game is irrelevant, apart from momentum going into the preseason and possibly a third instead of a fourth pick (if we lose and Carlton get up).

With that in mind, I'd play McVeigh and Jack in front of a home crowd. What better way to send off? I'd also play Bud if he's fit.

In: Bud and McVeigh
    Out: Bell and Clarke.

Mills to play mids. McVeigh in the backline.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    The result of this game is irrelevant, apart from momentum going into the preseason and possibly a third instead of a fourth pick (if we lose and Carlton get up).

With that in mind, I'd play McVeigh and Jack in front of a home crowd. What better way to send off? I'd also play Bud if he's fit.

In: Bud and McVeigh
    Out: Bell and Clarke.

Mills to play mids. McVeigh in the backline.
    So we're reliant on the Blues beating the Cats. That's likely to end well. Maybe we may as well just plan for the win and some slight momentum to carry us through the next seven months.

On the other hand, how good were the two top of the table clashes over the weekend? It could be a fun, stress-free finals series.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Agree with this. Still a young player and gets to many contests.
    I accept that he is a young player; but he has being in the system a long time.

2016 6 games
    2017 15 games
    2018 19 games
    2019 14 games

His composure compare to say Rowbottom is quite marked.

Maybe its down to Scott being his coach, i hope so, but we need to see some mark improvements.

All our Free agents from 2018 do have a shadow over them.

Its harder and harder to find gems in the rough.
    doof-doof

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    So we're reliant on the Blues beating the Cats. That's likely to end well. Maybe we may as well just plan for the win and some slight momentum to carry us through the next seven months.

On the other hand, how good were the two top of the table clashes over the weekend? It could be a fun, stress-free finals series.
    I'm not suggesting we tank, if that's how you read my post Cosmic. I think there are much bigger things attached to this final game. Sending off two former captains of the club is where I'm at.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post

Totally agree with the second part. Was at the game at the G yesterday and couldn’t believe my luck , I hoped it would be as good a matchup in reality as it was on paper but my expectations were blown away. It was finals like , and the tiger fans are bloody loud !! Can’t wait for a cracking finals series and hopefully a Lions flag .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    I'm not suggesting we tank, if that's how you read my post Cosmic. I think there are much bigger things attached to this final game. Sending off two former captains of the club is where I'm at.
    Cosmic? Too arcane for me though it has led to me playing Cosmo's Factory and enjoying Creedence all over again. Thanks.

If tanking would give us a better pick I'd be all for it - we'd just have to play some rusty players and some others out of position. But the point I was making is that I expect the chances of Carlton beating the Cats is only slightly better than the Dees' would be. I could be wrong but the Cats played some great footy at the weekend while the Blues got over the Saints.

If we lose to the Saints then I'm one of the old dark navy blues on Saturday night - though I believe only the first two in the draft are really special and their specialness may take them to the Suns. What a fate.

Senior Player
    Tanking is a blight on sport and it’s an activity that should be penalised when it occurs.
    It’s tantamount to fraud when there are viewers and spectators paying good money in the hope of seeing if not a victory at least a genuine effort. If you doubt the impact it has check out some of the farcical efforts put on by teams in the NBA , it is so ingrained in the culture that they had to change the rules to stop teams trying ( or actually not trying ) to manipulate it.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Tanking is a blight on sport and it’s an activity that should be penalised when it occurs.
    It’s tantamount to fraud when there are viewers and spectators paying good money in the hope of seeing if not a victory at least a genuine effort. If you doubt the impact it has check out some of the farcical efforts put on by teams in the NBA , it is so ingrained in the culture that they had to change the rules to stop teams trying ( or actually not trying ) to manipulate it.
    Totally agree with you Faunac8

IN: Buddy, McVeigh, Smith, Grundy
    OUT: Ronke, Bell, Clarke, Fox

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast