Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Platinum Division Finals

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wills View Post
    Looking at the magic list their best players seem to have been there since the clubs formation. Does the club have a future when that group eventually hang up the boots?
    Just to clarify I wasn't hoping their future is bleak - the opposite applies. Great ground and facilities, really good people both running the club and the playing group. I understand their women's group have been very supportive of new Womens teams in the region. UTS is a 4 team club with no juniors. Hopefully, there are enough converts in the West that see Blacktown as a supportive and friendly place to play footy.

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Yeah as we thought Power way to strong. Looked bigger, faster and more skilful. Ball bounced their way all day but you make your own luck!!

Mac Uni looked like they had more contributors across the park. Penrith look to rely on too few. Can’t see Penrith beating Power this week or Mac Uni beating them in the GF. Power looking good for the double seniors/ressies

Magic ressies side could be hard to beat also. 6 players who played Magic seniors yesterday are also qualified for reserves!!! Interesting

Good games on the cards
    For the love of me I can't see which 6 players that played plats on the weekend would be eligible to play in the 2's this week. Unless of course the close friends at HQ have decided to change the rules for them.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    For the love of me I can't see which 6 players that played plats on the weekend would be eligible to play in the 2's this week. Unless of course the close friends at HQ have decided to change the rules for them.
    5 sorry.

Online (SydAFL Website) the following numbers that played seniors on Sunday are eligible for reserves next weekend (I'm a stats nuffie):
    #21 Reserves Coach (4 seniors / 9 reserves)
    #22 (4 Seniors / 7 reserves)
    #24 (8 seniors / 7 reserves)
    #No Number Online (6 seniors / 6 reserves)
    #No Number Online (5 Seniors / 5 reserves)

Guess this is what happens when injuries occur and you have 60 odd players play first grade.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wills View Post
    Just to clarify I wasn't hoping their future is bleak - the opposite applies. Great ground and facilities, really good people both running the club and the playing group. I understand their women's group have been very supportive of new Womens teams in the region. UTS is a 4 team club with no juniors. Hopefully, there are enough converts in the West that see Blacktown as a supportive and friendly place to play footy.
    Th people at the club now appear to be a good group but everytime I hear great ground and facilities it make me want to spew. Im sure they rest of Western Sydney would love access to similar facilities. Why not return to the original ground Blacktown played at at Whalan - if they did then maybe a few of us that have been around awhile would stop with the snide remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    Th people at the club now appear to be a good group but everytime I hear great ground and facilities it make me want to spew. Im sure they rest of Western Sydney would love access to similar facilities. Why not return to the original ground Blacktown played at at Whalan - if they did then maybe a few of us that have been around awhile would stop with the snide remarks.
    It might help a bit, but I'll still dig. Retirement is boring.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12