Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Platinum Division Finals

Pushing for Selection

Platinum Division Finals

I know not a heap of followers for the Platinum Division on here but am keen to hear thoughts on the finals series from those that are involved.

I have watched a fair bit of the Platinum this year and think any of the top 3 (Penrith, Mac U or Power) can win it. The Magic have been decimated by injury for the entire season and am lead to believe they will have 9 "First Graders" unavailable through Injury (6 have missed majority of season through injury) for their first final on Sunday V Power. Which is consistent with their back end of the year drop off. So don't think they will get past Southern Power who from what I have seen are the fittest and best skilled.

I am a believer in the team that plays together more often will more than likely have success. Looking at total players used this year for each first grade side (Power 38, Rams 39, Mac U 42, Magic 59), the top 3 play together regularly which makes for a HOT finals series.

The ressies comp also looks pretty open too with most of the top 4 beating each other at one point.

Interesting to hear how teams are tracking and any thoughts on results for the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    I know not a heap of followers for the Platinum Division on here but am keen to hear thoughts on the finals series from those that are involved.

I have watched a fair bit of the Platinum this year and think any of the top 3 (Penrith, Mac U or Power) can win it. The Magic have been decimated by injury for the entire season and am lead to believe they will have 9 "First Graders" unavailable through Injury (6 have missed majority of season through injury) for their first final on Sunday V Power. Which is consistent with their back end of the year drop off. So don't think they will get past Southern Power who from what I have seen are the fittest and best skilled.

I am a believer in the team that plays together more often will more than likely have success. Looking at total players used this year for each first grade side (Power 38, Rams 39, Mac U 42, Magic 59), the top 3 play together regularly which makes for a HOT finals series.

The ressies comp also looks pretty open too with most of the top 4 beating each other at one point.

Interesting to hear how teams are tracking and any thoughts on results for the finals.
    Magic + Sunday games = church duty.

Platinum Ressies can be won by any of the top 4, very evenly matched. Both games should be beauties - Power v Mac Uni a GF replay and always a fierce contest, then both Rams & Magic in great form at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkers28 View Post
    Platinum Ressies can be won by any of the top 4, very evenly matched. Both games should be beauties - Power v Mac Uni a GF replay and always a fierce contest, then both Rams & Magic in great form at the right time.
    As expected, Magic seniors crashed out. Their Ressies look to be peaking at the right time, and are in with a real shot of beating Mac Uni in the Ressies prelim.

Both Power teams had good wins. Seniors will fancy their chances against Penrith, who looked off the pace to Mac Uni. Their Ressies team into second consecutive GF, and will be hard to beat.

Pushing for Selection
    Yeah as we thought Power way to strong. Looked bigger, faster and more skilful. Ball bounced their way all day but you make your own luck!!

Mac Uni looked like they had more contributors across the park. Penrith look to rely on too few. Can’t see Penrith beating Power this week or Mac Uni beating them in the GF. Power looking good for the double seniors/ressies

Magic ressies side could be hard to beat also. 6 players who played Magic seniors yesterday are also qualified for reserves!!! Interesting

Good games on the cards

Looking at the magic list their best players seem to have been there since the clubs formation. Does the club have a future when that group eventually hang up the boots?

Pushing for Selection
    Good question Tom Wills.

Their issue will be that they won’t have young kids coming through given they don’t have an affiliate junior club??

They did have 8 unavailable through season ending injuries plus losing their ruckman to the Navy last week, so if they’re all back it might not be all doom and gloom but you’d feel if they lost their core group it would be tough.

Looking at team lists from last year to this year it seems the Power and Magic have had the highest turnover / change in senior players. EG Magic only had 10 who played in GF last year play yesterday and Power similar to their elim final.

Is this sort of turnover high for Sydney footy in comparison to other clubs?

Good question Tom Wills.

Their issue will be that they won’t have young kids coming through given they don’t have an affiliate junior club??

They did have 8 unavailable through season ending injuries plus losing their ruckman to the Navy last week, so if they’re all back it might not be all doom and gloom but you’d feel if they lost their core group it would be tough.

Looking at team lists from last year to this year it seems the Power and Magic have had the highest turnover / change in senior players. EG Magic only had 10 who played in GF last year play yesterday and Power similar to their elim final.

Is this sort of turnover high for Sydney footy in comparison to other clubs?
    I hope Magic get a 19’s program up and secure their long term future. A great club with good quality blokes there.

You need 19’s to feed into seniors, then you need 17’s to feed into 19’s, then all the way down the food chain starting with Auskick.

Well since they arrived in a puff of smoke, Quakers Hill juniors have dissolved as well as Rooty Hill who were only embryonic at best.

Now Blacktown City Suns is in its place, I don't know how many teams they have but their YG team in U12s were playing at Bensons on Sunday in a GF.

May go the way of the Kangaroos - although the predecessors didn't have HQ support like the Magic.

* Magic
    AFL built a ground and they think putting a new team there would work.
    Why form a club in the middle of other established clubs that have history already.
    1. Holroyd-Parramatta-Blacktown, 2. Penrith, 3. Norwest and 4. East Coast

What about the affect it has had to these clubs over the years.

The cheaters of 2018 - 2019?
    Big dreamers of thinking of going into Premier Division.
    Let’s see down the track if they can survive.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubman View Post
    * Magic
    AFL built a ground and they think putting a new team there would work.
    Why form a club in the middle of other established clubs that have history already.
    1. Holroyd-Parramatta-Blacktown, 2. Penrith, 3. Norwest and 4. East Coast

What about the affect it has had to these clubs over the years.

The cheaters of 2018 - 2019?
    Big dreamers of thinking of going into Premier Division.
    Let’s see down the track if they can survive.
    Cheaters of 2018-2019? Whats that comment about?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast