Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buddy 300.

40 plus and Ben Brown zip

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    How many does he have to kick to win the Coleman?
    About 40 if no-one else scores any

He's been out since round 14, where does the time go.

Goal Kickers 2019

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I'd go further. What better way to celebrate a major milestone than in a game where the result doesn't matter, and the build-up can't detract from the team's performance (in any meaningful way)? The fact it's only been confirmed in the last couple of days has limited the media build-up. If he were scheduled to play the game in round 1, it would attract a huge build-up from the media, which works itself into a frenzy anyway as the new season approaches. For a player who I don't think likes the limelight anything as much as some think, it's almost the perfect time to "celebrate" it.

And in no way does it detract from the farewells to McVeigh, Jack and Smith. If anything, it adds to it. I am sure Jack (and McVeigh if he is able to play) would love nothing more than to play one more game alongside him.
    I agree.....it'll be a great day. It's also fantastic that Hanners gets to be there on his mates (and retiring mates) big day.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    About 40 if no-one else scores any

He's been out since round 14, where does the time go.

Goal Kickers 2019
    Off topic a bit. I just checked that list out and noticed Jordan Dawson.....15 goals 1 behind @ 93.8% accuracy. A gun!
    Last edited by stevoswan; 22nd August 2019 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I agree.....it'll be a great day. It's also fantastic that Hanners gets to be there on his mates (and retiring mates) big day.
    +1 Hope Heath Grundy & Nick Smith will also be on the ground after the final siren to join in with Buddy, Macca, Kizza & Hanners

Daisy Pearce seems to have a healthy respect for our club as I heard her make another positive assessment after hearing Buddy's presser this week. She originally thought Buddy might hinder the progress of Blakey & co in his last few seasons but after hearing Buddy is genuinely passionate in developing his young team mates, she now thinks we could genuinely catapult back up the ladder again next year.

I always secretly hoped that - if his body was ok - that Bud might continue on with us on yearly contracts once his 9 year deal was up. Maybe sitting in a forward pocket and contributing 2-3 goals a game while
    Blakey, McCartin & Reid (any anyone else we get in future) share the load.

But it sound like that even if all is good with his body and he gets back to a level that he is satisfied with, that he intends to pull the pin after the final year. He’s earned his retirement (whenever it comes). But I will always hope that it goes as long as it can

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    I always secretly hoped that - if his body was ok - that Bud might continue on with us on yearly contracts once his 9 year deal was up. Maybe sitting in a forward pocket and contributing 2-3 goals a game while
    Blakey, McCartin & Reid (any anyone else we get in future) share the load.
    Buddy goggles
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Days like Saturday don't come along very often, people should soak it up I reckon. A sunny Sydney
    arvo with a couple beers and a pie. It doesn't get much better folks.
    And with a NEAFL game on before it will make things feel a little bit more like the "good old days"
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Wish I could be there tomorrow, really wanted to enjoy both Buddy's 300th and a farewell game for Macca and KJ - but unfortunately some bad health news from Mrs MCS's family means we have to tighten the belts so that we can get her back to the UK to see family in September/October. So won't be there - but hope its a great day and we get a big celebratory win (I think we will).
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I'd go further. What better way to celebrate a major milestone than in a game where the result doesn't matter, and the build-up can't detract from the team's performance (in any meaningful way)? The fact it's only been confirmed in the last couple of days has limited the media build-up. If he were scheduled to play the game in round 1, it would attract a huge build-up from the media, which works itself into a frenzy anyway as the new season approaches. For a player who I don't think likes the limelight anything as much as some think, it's almost the perfect time to "celebrate" it.

And in no way does it detract from the farewells to McVeigh, Jack and Smith. If anything, it adds to it. I am sure Jack (and McVeigh if he is able to play) would love nothing more than to play one more game alongside him.
    I'm with you Liz, I've been pumped for this game all week - can't wait to soak it in on a beautiful Sydney winter afternoon, this is history people!!

Veterans List
    If anyone needs reminding of just how good the Budmeister is, which you obviously don't, watch this. It's just incredible.....

The 23 biggest and best goals of Buddy Franklin's career - AFL.com.au

Warning: A lot of it is Bud in the mustard on turd jumper.....but hey, it's Buddy.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 24th August 2019 at 01:56 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast