Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 23 Swans v Saints Sat 24-Aug at SCG #AFLSwansSaints @sydneyswans

Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    The saddest aspect of the day is that we didn't ever get to see Adam off in such a glorious, joyous, spirited way.
    I too have been sadly reflecting on that.

More on Jack’s goal:

‘Jack was stationed in defence, but said Josh Kennedy had told him to send Tom McCartin down back and get himself further up the ground so he could be a chance of hitting the scoreboard one last time. It turns out a fan planted the idea in Kennedy's head.

"It was actually a supporter who told me when I was on the bench," Kennedy said. "They said, 'can you get Kieren a goal?'

"I said we've got to get him out of the back pocket first, which we were able to do, and then for him to kick a goal... he's kicked a few of them in his career, rolling into the left-hand pocket and bringing it back through the goals. It was pretty special."’

Swans fan sparks farewell goal A fan gave Josh Kennedy the idea of sending Kieren Jack into attack in the last quarter.
    http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/h...2kec.html?btis

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    33,000 isn't too untidy for two bottom sides at the end of the season.
    It's very tidy, and the third highest SCG crowd for the year.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    More on Jack’s goal:

‘Jack was stationed in defence, but said Josh Kennedy had told him to send Tom McCartin down back and get himself further up the ground so he could be a chance of hitting the scoreboard one last time. It turns out a fan planted the idea in Kennedy's head.

"It was actually a supporter who told me when I was on the bench," Kennedy said. "They said, 'can you get Kieren a goal?'

"I said we've got to get him out of the back pocket first, which we were able to do, and then for him to kick a goal... he's kicked a few of them in his career, rolling into the left-hand pocket and bringing it back through the goals. It was pretty special."’

Swans fan sparks farewell goal A fan gave Josh Kennedy the idea of sending Kieren Jack into attack in the last quarter.
    Finally all those years of being an armchair coach pays off for that supporter.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Terrific day, with all the comments people have made, and especially that the Saints got back into the game and we had to fight for it.
    A wonderful send-off for all our retirees - what a collection of stars - with an appropriate all-in singalong in the room.
    Bring on 2020.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    The saddest aspect of the day is that we didn't ever get to see Adam off in such a glorious, joyous, spirited way.
    +1

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    - Still on above, today highlighted what we can do at the contest if we can compete in the ruck.
    - I think I wrote off Ronke too early. Looked really good today and should enter 2020 full of confidence.
    I agree on the above two sentiments. The first was the same back in 2016 even before the 6-6-6 rule and why Naismith got the run in the GF. The new rule makes it even more important.

On Ronke I was impressed with the foot skills he gave us today which matched the effort he put in. A couple of times earlier this year I had said the same about him - but with his body not right this was because his effort had not been good and his disposal and decision aligned. His fitness and effort are key to him being a contributor in the future as he just isn’t the most natural footballer - but if you look back at 05 and 12 we had a few of them as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    There's two great photo's in the article linked by Meg in her above post.

In the first one (post Kizza's goal) Buddy is on the left.....he's either spent or he's just realising his need for a couple of off-season surgeries.

The second one at the bottom is a beauty!

Veterans List
    Lovely to see Hanners so involved - social media suggests the fraternisation lasted long into the night.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Lovely to see Hanners so involved - social media suggests the fraternisation lasted long into the night.
    Lol, I thought that might happen!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Brilliant!

Veterans List
    Was Jones at the game yesterday? I noticed the NEAFL players and those that are out injured were out on the ground at end...(and singing the song)... but I couldn't see Jones on the tv.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast