Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 23 Swans v Saints Sat 24-Aug at SCG #AFLSwansSaints @sydneyswans

I didn’t make it to the game today. Wish I had made it. the perfect sendoff for 4 premiership players

I can’t remember back to the last time we missed the finals. But there have been years when we’ve played finals and I’ve felt way less optimistic than I do about the Swans in 2020.

I’m really excited about next year and what this group can deliver.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Wow that was quite a game. Felt like a grand final, but with nostalgia and pride at its centre. There was this elevated level of energy with the team and it was echoed by the crowd. Mcveigh and Kizza kicking goals gave it a whole different shine.

It was as good a way to end a home and away season as we could have gotten without making finals.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

A great day. A few tears. Back bigger and stronger next year. Well done Swannies.

Veterans List
    If you wanted to write a script for yesterday's game you would have written that! Everything you wanted happened.

I was glued to my seat in front of the telly and absolutely loved that last quarter, it became electric and then I got a bit teary through the post match stuff, so much emotion and goodwill, so many people handled it all with feeling and warmth.

Hanners chairing off Macca, the fact Reg and Smooch were there to join in and get a proper send of was great, the players calling in the whole squad for the song shows the feeling and buy in at the club, a proud Bloods moment. I'll watch again later.

If you're going to miss finals, that's the way to send off the season. Well done to everyone, including the crowd who were fantastic.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    My son and I flew up from Melbourne for the game.
    An expensive day at the footy but worth every cent!
    Seeing Kizza and Macca kick final quarter goals and the reaction of the players and the crowd to those goals - absolutley priceless! And winning helped!

A magnificent day at the SCG - a memory my son and I will have forever.

Go you mighty Bloods!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    My son and I flew up from Melbourne for the game.
    An expensive day at the footy but worth every cent!
    Seeing Kizza and Macca kick final quarter goals and the reaction of the players and the crowd to those goals - absolutley priceless! And winning helped!

A magnificent day at the SCG - a memory my son and I will have forever.

Go you mighty Bloods!
    Great call Sandridge to make the trip with your boy. As a mate of mine said afterwards, "That wasn't a football game, that was a movie".
    Just an awesome day at the SCG.

Like all the other posters on here - it was a fantastic day at the SGC yesterday. Very emotional, very happy the way the game finished and very glad that Kizza, Macca, Smithee, Reg and Buddy got to enjoy the day more with a win.

Looking forward to a quiet September and a great summer pre season to see how the young swans will perform in 2020.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    I found the whole thing very moving, a day in the sun, seeing the ressies then off to the main game. I'd still prefer to see the ressies back in the SCG but you can't have everything. Still hate the loud, converstaion impeding public address system at each break but I guess the club doesn't want the conversationally incompetent to feel excluded.
    Then after the final siren, I actually teared up when I saw Hannaberry incorporated into the farewell celebrations. A wonderful day.

It was very strange to hear the very different perception of the day expressed by David King and some of the commentators who began the broadcast you saying how the day was all about Buddy, and that's the reason the crowd showed up.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I didn’t make it to the game today. Wish I had made it. the perfect sendoff for 4 premiership players

I can’t remember back to the last time we missed the finals. But there have been years when we’ve played finals and I’ve felt way less optimistic than I do about the Swans in 2020.

I’m really excited about next year and what this group can deliver.
    Couldn’t help but notice that since 1990(the year the competition became the ‘AFL’), every season that the Swans have ended the year with a win in their very last game, they have made it to at least the Preliminary Final the next year, (in 1996, 2003, 2006, and 2013), as well as two Grand Finals, (‘96 and ‘06).

Not a bad omen?

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post

Loved the crowd response when they realised Papley had dished off to McVeigh. Then you could see Jack edging up the ground thinking "I can get one of those too!" There's a great photo online of 5 Swans in the 50 and 4 of them pointing towards the goals as he runs in. "No you take it!"
    Here are the goals of McVeigh and Jack. As Neil has said, you can see the other Swans players pointing to take the shot to Jack.

Longmire said that the coaches were thinking about moving Jack to give him a chance for a goal but in the meantime Kennedy made the decision himself and sent Jack forward and McCartin back. With a brilliant result and a brilliant photo!

What a day!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1im-6in...d=i52xfv1i7v6y

The saddest aspect of the day is that we didn't ever get to see Adam off in such a glorious, joyous, spirited way.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    Yes it was a poor quarter. BUT, sometimes the crowd can lift a side too. I have been disappointed by the crowds at the SCG this year - they used to be very vocal. Not many there either.
    33,000 isn't too untidy for two bottom sides at the end of the season.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast