Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 23 Swans v Saints Sat 24-Aug at SCG #AFLSwansSaints @sydneyswans

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Was Jones at the game yesterday? I noticed the NEAFL players and those that are out injured were out on the ground at end...(and singing the song)... but I couldn't see Jones on the tv.
    Yes. He was there in the circle singing the song.
    y

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Was Jones at the game yesterday? I noticed the NEAFL players and those that are out injured were out on the ground at end...(and singing the song)... but I couldn't see Jones on the tv.
    He was watching the NEAFL game

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Yes. He was there in the circle singing the song.
    y
    Jones was there in the circle singing strongly!

Great game with a great finish!
    After many disappointing TV games regarding the commentary etc, I though Foxtel did a great job and was very happy that they continued the coverage until after the song etc, made it memorable for those that couldn't get to the game/

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Jones was there in the circle singing strongly!
    Will re-sign for certain then. It's well known that there is a strong link between boisterous singing of the team song and
    being a one team player. Likewise any player found guilty of just mouthing the words and not tickling the ear or ruffling the
    the hair of the player next to him should be put on the trade table immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Will re-sign for certain then. It's well known that there is a strong link between boisterous singing of the team song and
    being a one team player. Likewise any player found guilty of just mouthing the words and not tickling the ear or ruffling the
    the hair of the player next to him should be put on the trade table immediately.
    Imagine if they let Hanners in. I reckon he would've belted our the song louder than most. Would that have warranted us trading him back in 😉?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Dawson gone then!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Imagine if they let Hanners in. I reckon he would've belted our the song louder than most. Would that have warranted us trading him back in 😉?
    Well, now that he seems to be fit again. Though I was a bit disappointed with his game on the weekend. I don't think that he managed to kick it straight to one of our players even once.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Lovely to see Hanners so involved - social media suggests the fraternisation lasted long into the night.
    He hung back after the Saints warm-up, spent a lot of time with the Swans coaches then jogged over to McVeigh for a hug. It was almost like he never left, just had the wrong jumper on!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Absolutely. In fact if that had happened, and Dan was in there a belting out the song, crying because it brought back so many great
    memories, Longmire and the list guys would have noticed and I'd say would have been in a meeting right now working out how they can
    get Dan back to his spiritual home.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    He hung back after the Saints warm-up, spent a lot of time with the Swans coaches then jogged over to McVeigh for a hug. It was almost like he never left, just had the wrong jumper on!
    ...yeah no. He didn't spend the game kicking it to "the opposition".

What a big bang finish to an otherwise sombre year.
    St Kilda hanging around until every swans player/official/hanger-on-er left the ground was a pure class act.
    As much as I've bagged Hanners over the last few years, joining in to carry Macca off the field was, to me, a little presumptuous, but, considering he played 200-odd games with us, noice.
    End. Of. An. Era.
    So glad I got a ticket to the BnF.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post

He'll always be a blood. He could have dug his heals in about last years trade but was willing to go to help us out of a pickle. Top bloke.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast