Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Finals Week 1 weekly discussion thread

Senior Player
    But easily the best match of Week 1 was the final of the Mens US Open this morning. Man, what an incredible match. I fulfilled a
    long held dream of going to Roland Garros this year for the French Open, and it was a great experience, but this morning would
    have topped it. You have to hand it to the Rafa.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I think Cameron has specifically denied it.
    Well he would, wouldn't he? But even if we take him at his word, the thuggery still happened, and it was contemptible.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    But easily the best match of Week 1 was the final of the Mens US Open this morning. Man, what an incredible match. I fulfilled a
    long held dream of going to Roland Garros this year for the French Open, and it was a great experience, but this morning would
    have topped it. You have to hand it to the Rafa.
    It was an epic final ..... Med was superb to gets two sets off Rafa (who I really like a lot) and his loud New York crowd baying for him .
    Huge applause for both players, it was magnificent and I’m knackered after the cricket and then the Men’s final.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    You ask who knows what Cameron said, yet you know what Longmire didn't say. How so?

Thuggery ain't footy.

- - - Updated - - -

What is?
    These posts whinging about a team or player who plays tough for their jumper.

“Thuggery ain’t footy” is the same pointless nonsense.

2005. The swans played tough ugly footy to the point that there were rule changes. Bet u weren’t complaining then
    Lockett player to win and Peter caven paid the price. 5 years later the same fans flooded the scg to cheer his 1300th.
    The hawks playeyed ‘unsociable footy’ and played in final after final
    Mitch Robinson = tough and hard. Respect it
    Toby Greene = plays to win.

Let’s stop pretending that this forum is a holier than thou group who only support friendly footy

Veterans List
    Low class citizen on and off the field. Fingers crossed for the "correct" result tonight.

Warming the Bench

2005. The swans played tough ugly footy to the point that there were rule changes. Bet u weren’t complaining then
    Lockett player to win and Peter caven paid the price. 5 years later the same fans flooded the scg to cheer his 1300th.

Let’s stop pretending that this forum is a holier than thou group who only support friendly footy
    +1

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    It was an epic final ..... Med was superb to gets two sets off Rafa (who I really like a lot) and his loud New York crowd baying for him .
    Huge applause for both players, it was magnificent and I’m knackered after the cricket and then the Men’s final.
    Yes, an incredible response by Medvedev to come back from 0-2 and get so close. Rafa normally just rolls over opponents when he is in
    front like that (apparently his career record is 199-and-1 when two sets to love up). He is a likable guy, and possibly the most successful
    high functioning obsessive compulsive in the history of any sport. With 19 Majors & $166M in career prizemoney, he can position the
    labels of his drink bottles in any direction he wants. It's working.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox View Post
    pathetic
    Me? Or Toby Greene?
    Geez I hope it's the latter for your sake.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Yes, an incredible response by Medvedev to come back from 0-2 and get so close. Rafa normally just rolls over opponents when he is in
    front like that (apparently his career record is 199-and-1 when two sets to love up). He is a likable guy, and possibly the most successful
    high functioning obsessive compulsive in the history of any sport. With 19 Majors & $166M in career prizemoney, he can position the
    labels of his drink bottles in any direction he wants. It's working.
    There’s a fab Biodoc of Raffa somewhere (from s young age).

Quote Originally Posted by redsox View Post

Straw man argument. The Swans did not play like that in 2005. Their style of play was called ugly because it was slow and defensive, not because it was thuggish. Toby Greene is a sniper. His type has no place in any kind of sport. Not even wrestling. Fairness means something FFS. You might respect thuggery. I don't and I never will. It is nothing more or less than cowardice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Me? Or Toby Greene?
    Geez I hope it's the latter for your sake.
    You know the answer to that question Annie. Go for it.

When mummy played for us, I don't recall any cries of thuggery on this forum.

Big bad bazza got to play the grand final in 2005 on a technicality after a bit of thuggery.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    When mummy played for us, I don't recall any cries of thuggery on this forum.

Big bad bazza got to play the grand final in 2005 on a technicality after a bit of thuggery.
    Yes, who can forget the famed "love tap" which left Matt Maguire writhing on the ground 80M behind the play.

Then of course, there was James Hird's face after the 1996 Prelim. Some kind of mix up involving Andrew Dunkley's
    fingers. Jeez, I wonder what happened?

Who lined up for us at FB in the 96 GF? None other than Dunks.

The high horse. It's really slippery up there.