Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Swans media

Must be heartwarming for Barry O'Connor's parents to periodically visit his profile picture where he strangely looks like a Volkswagen logo.

Interesting that Kaiden Brand has chosen to play on in his hawthorn Guernsey. Hope that doesn't cause confusion during the season.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    Must be heartwarming for Barry O'Connor's parents to periodically visit his profile picture where he strangely looks like a Volkswagen logo.

Interesting that Kaiden Brand has chosen to play on in his hawthorn Guernsey. Hope that doesn't cause confusion during the season.
    Taylor and Gray will be playing in their old jumpers as well by the looks of it.......

Regular in the Side
    They still don't have photos of McLean and Knoll either.

Senior Player
    I wonder whatever happened to the lovely person who used to monitor this site at the Swans?

She used to reply and set us straight often. Invaluable. But disappeared.

If it's any consolation, I noticed that Saints players' pictures still have them (e.g. Zak Jones) in their previous club uniforms too.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    I wonder whatever happened to the lovely person who used to monitor this site at the Swans?

She used to reply and set us straight often. Invaluable. But disappeared.
    I think she had a baby.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    If it's any consolation, I noticed that Saints players' pictures still have them (e.g. Zak Jones) in their previous club uniforms too.
    Not sure that St Kilda is a club to match ourselves against.

It may be that the Saints haven't had their team photo day yet. In the Inside Sydney 9. published yesterday on the Swans' website, the AFL photographer mentions that he has 18 AFL clubs and 14 AFLW clubs to get to, and is scheduled to complete all the photos by the end of February (with the AFLW ones recently completed).

You may be right, Liz, but the AFL Official photographer was also at Coffs Harbour for the training camp taking photos as well as the official team photo shoot a week back. I contacted Swans as I do every year and asked about the updated player photos as well as player bio as there are some not changed since 2018. No reply as usual. Doesn't seem.to be much initiative taken by Swans social media / web managers. Just look at clubs like Carlton and Colliwobbles and the amount of info they put on their website and FB.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    You may be right, Liz, but the AFL Official photographer was also at Coffs Harbour for the training camp taking photos as well as the official team photo shoot a week back. I contacted Swans as I do every year and asked about the updated player photos as well as player bio as there are some not changed since 2018. No reply as usual. Doesn't seem.to be much initiative taken by Swans social media / web managers. Just look at clubs like Carlton and Colliwobbles and the amount of info they put on their website and FB.
    I wasn't excusing the Swans' efforts at all. We know they have had their annual photo day because they've put a video up about it. I can't imagine it takes more than a couple of hours to then load up the individual player photos to the website. They've had a few months to update the profiles.

I was pointing out that the Saints might (or might not) have a legitimate reason for not yet having their player information updated. The Swans don't.

I know you weren't, Liz, I was just blowing off about how lame the Swans are with their social media. We all care about the Swans and our players, they have little care I must say

Senior Player
    Just the lean on the other side of ledger briefly: the weekly Inside Sydney video is good stuff.

Regular in the Side
    Cameron is in Swans gear at Collingwood still.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast