Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Swans media

Geez we’re digging pretty deep into the first world problems here I think...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But, seemingly a pretty easy solution - we are not looking for a cancer cure

Suspended by the MRP
    It's a first world problem but eh, I don't think anyone's hysterically weeping over these things either.

I've stopped watching the Inside Sydney episodes since December. The first few were great as they gave a real good insight into the work the players were putting in and they focused on an individual in particular (Zac Foot in one week, Jordan Dawson the next). Unfortunately since then the focus has been more on trivial topics. For some reason the club thinks we'd prefer to learn how an umpire trains and prepares for a season, than to focus on the rehabilitation of Buddy, or the return to training for Ling and Maibaum. Our media team must also waste their time on a lot of content that never sees the light of day, as evidenced by the fact the 'on next week's episode...' segments in the Inside Sydney episodes preview things that sometimes don't feature in the next week's episode at all.

Insignificant problems in the grand scheme of things, but it is a head-scratcher when you learn more about things happening at the club from fan forums such as this and Facebook, than from the content the club itself produces.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    It's a first world problem but eh, I don't think anyone's hysterically weeping over these things either.

I've stopped watching the Inside Sydney episodes since December. The first few were great as they gave a real good insight into the work the players were putting in and they focused on an individual in particular (Zac Foot in one week, Jordan Dawson the next). Unfortunately since then the focus has been more on trivial topics. For some reason the club thinks we'd prefer to learn how an umpire trains and prepares for a season, than to focus on the rehabilitation of Buddy, or the return to training for Ling and Maibaum. Our media team must also waste their time on a lot of content that never sees the light of day, as evidenced by the fact the 'on next week's episode...' segments in the Inside Sydney episodes preview things that sometimes don't feature in the next week's episode at all.

Insignificant problems in the grand scheme of things, but it is a head-scratcher when you learn more about things happening at the club from fan forums such as this and Facebook, than from the content the club itself produces.
    Good interview with O'Connor this week and a focus on Blakey as backline coach, featuring a supporting interview from Aliir.

Suspended by the MRP
    Interesting that the NEAFL list of Swans players has the updated player portraits (minus the draftees) yet the actual Swans website still has the 2019 ones.

Just want to give a plug for the latest Conversation with Cal podcast: Conversations with Cal returns in 2020. It's a conversation involving Cal plus Sam Reid and Luke Parker (as three of the most senior players in the club). The first half especially is really funny and has lots of little insights into life as an AFL player and Swan (including their motivation for doing the podcast at all - something to do with ASAs (=Associated Sponsorship Agreements?) in Reid's case at least). They talk about their involvement in the 24 hour bootcamp with the army out at Holbrook army base. And then, possibly my favourite bit, they do a quick review of the 9 new players to come into the club over the trade and draft periods.

A few bits worth repeating about the new recruits:

Warner - absolute kamikaze, "loves the physical contact", goes full bore at training, made a comment about himself being the future captain of the club (as I understood the story)

Stephens - quiet, good kid, "jet"

Gould - "manchild", "old head", will be a good footballer

Barry O'Connor - "biggest legs I've ever seen"

Elijah Taylor - A lot of talent (he nutmegged another player (possibly Dean Cox) in a handball training drill on his first day), moved straight in with Buddy

Brady Rowles - strong, battler, quiet

Senior Player
    I've enjoyed the inside sydney pieces fwiw. 100% improvement on past years info

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    I've enjoyed the inside sydney pieces fwiw. 100% improvement on past years info
    I agree.....they've been great. Makes you feel a little more connected to the club, seeing the inner workings of this club/machine we call The Bloods. Great stuff!

Can't really fault the club's AV dept. on that score......they seem quite busy.

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sydney Slogan

Not sure my comment even belongs here but I'm posting it thinking it will get to the right people at Swans.

Suggestion for a slogan going forward:

Red and White
    It's in our Bloods!

Love this club since my Dad introduced me to the Lakeside Oval in 1964.

Pushing for Selection
    Sadly (and yet again) I am getting more information from GWS’s social media accounts than our own in today’s game.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by lorakf View Post
    Sadly (and yet again) I am getting more information from GWS’s social media accounts than our own in today’s game.

The Swans Twitter account is tweeting at many updates about the game as the GWS one.

Swans media have been too busy boasting about how great the Swans are in helping people recover from the fires.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast