Thread: Swans media

Swans media

Overall, we have commented many times in these pages how disappointing the efforts of the in-house Swans media team have been, especially during the pre-season period when nothing on the website was up to date. And this thread is a space where we will be able to update our complaints.

But right now, credit where credit is due: I have found this latest package of feel-good footage documenting the farewells of McVeigh and Jack to be excellent Jack & McVeigh reflect on Round 23 - sydneyswans.com.au. More of this sort of stuff please. Especially enjoyed their commentary by Macca and Kizza and revealing their inner worlds and what happened behind the scenes.

This year, I also enjoyed the emergence of Shane Potter in preference to Zachary Gates and Loretta Johns (?) - his delivery seems a little more natural but still clear and easy to understand.

I forgot to add, and this was half the reason I posted, that actually the media I have most enjoyed has been by the players.

I think it was after round 22 in Melbourne on the Friday night there was a fan day in Melbourne and there was a video released of James Rowbottom interviewing kids at the fan day - excellent! Better than most other interviewers manage and he seemed completely at ease. Now they've got an interview up on the Swans site by Laidler with McInerney - good to watch. Plus there is Cal Sinclair's podcast/interviews with the players. Bring on more of this is - it's the best they have to offer.

Here's the Rowbottom interviewing kids interview: Melbourne fans meet their Swans - sydneyswans.com.au. I like the way he keeps the kids honest with a sense of humour and doesn't treat them too delicately.

Here's Laidler & McInerney: NEAFL Review: Laidler and McInerney - sydneyswans.com.au.

And here's Conversations with Cal: Podcasts - sydneyswans.com.au.

Sorry/sad to revive this thread, but I was interested to see the height/weight of our new listing from Hawthorn.

Brand has gone from their list of players while Cameron and Jones etc are still on the Swans list

- - - Updated - - -

As are Rose, Menzel, McVeigh etc

It takes Swans Media a lifetime to make changes to player info including delisted or traded. They are always blaming Champion Data or AFL!!!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Sorry/sad to revive this thread, but I was interested to see the height/weight of our new listing from Hawthorn.

Brand has gone from their list of players while Cameron and Jones etc are still on the Swans list

- - - Updated - - -

As are Rose, Menzel, McVeigh etc
    Brand is 198cm.