Thread: Southern Power

Southern Power

Congratulations to Southern Power on 2 Grand Final Wins.

Word is Southern Power are IN for Premier Division and UTS squatters are OUT.

A great day in the club’s history. Can’t remember in recent times that a Premier Division club took out a Seniors/Reserves double.

Won’t be moving to Premier Division in 2020.

Almost Football Legend
    Certainly no-one got a Seniors/Reserves double during the divisionalisation era (2009-2017). Pretty sure it's never happened to a Premier Division club during my time.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    Certainly no-one got a Seniors/Reserves double during the divisionalisation era (2009-2017). Pretty sure it's never happened to a Premier Division club during my time.
    C-Town in 99. Not sure if it's happened since.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuttsy View Post
    C-Town in 99. Not sure if it's happened since.

North Shore did it in 2004 .....

Not sure the relevance of 9 team platinum division club doing the double has any link to a premier division club doing the double it is basically the old SFA which i am pretty certain uts or sydney uni would have done numerous times before the divisions were put in....

Well done Southern Power congrats to all, i am pretty certain the standard isnt a shade on the 2013 Division 1 Premiership they won however

Finishing 3rd in the club championship too last night, ahead of some so called ‘bigger clubs’.

Well done to Power. Big achievement to win both grades. However the league continues to confuse us with the club championships. The by-laws state that it is only for Premier Division men's club and women are ranked last behind 3rd grade and under 19s. I was pleased to see Mac Uni and Power figure in the top 4, thinking it had changed back to all clubs eligible ( which I believe it should be) but it seems someone has decided not to check the by-laws...or change them.

Quote Originally Posted by Footy Barista View Post
    Not sure the relevance of 9 team platinum division club doing the double has any link to a premier division club doing the double it is basically the old SFA which i am pretty certain uts or sydney uni would have done numerous times before the divisions were put in....

Well done Southern Power congrats to all, i am pretty certain the standard isnt a shade on the 2013 Division 1 Premiership they won however
    Its only 7 teams.