Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Danny Frawley

Veterans List
    One of the nice ones. RIP.

How awful.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Single vehicle accident where he hits a tree in the middle of the day? I think there may be more to this very sad story. A what you see is what you get kind of guy. It's very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by AnsweredPrayers View Post
    Single vehicle accident where he hits a tree in the middle of the day? I think there may be more to this very sad story. A what you see is what you get kind of guy. It's very sad.
    I'm thinking the same thing AnsweredPrayers.
    It's well documented he battled with depression, and far be it from me to speculate, but he may have ended his own life. The media are skirting around it.
    (I'm a big believer in talking about suicide - talk to me if you need a non-judgmental chat - I'm always available for all of you.)
    The only other options are speed, tiredness or under the influence of something.
    It's still awful.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.

Senior Player
    I have been told that it is possible for the police to determine from the course a car took & the tyre marks whether a crash is
    intentional and that is the thinking here. It's very sad that a person ever gets to the point that they feel this way and do something
    like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I'm thinking the same thing AnsweredPrayers.
    It's well documented he battled with depression, and far be it from me to speculate, but he may have ended his own life. The media are skirting around it.
    (I'm a big believer in talking about suicide - talk to me if you need a non-judgmental chat - I'm always available for all of you.)
    The only other options are speed, tiredness or under the influence of something.
    It's still awful.
    Replying to the part in Red-

That is amazingly big hearted and kind of you Annie, good on you for extending that offer to everyone . That genuinely really touched me I 100% agree , it is something that needs to be talked about more.

Veterans List
    It was sad hearing the news yesterday and I was shocked this morning when I saw a photo of the car. No one would have survived that ☹.

There will be a minutes silence before both games this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Replying to the part in Red-

That is amazingly big hearted and kind of you Annie, good on you for extending that offer to everyone . That genuinely really touched me I 100% agree , it is something that needs to be talked about more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    It was sad hearing the news yesterday and I was shocked this morning when I saw a photo of the car. No one would have survived that ☹.

There will be a minutes silence before both games this weekend.
    Why isn't my like button working.
    Thanks Melbourne_Blood - my brother in law committed suicide a few months ago. The anxiety won.
    A minute's silence is very fitting. The AFL should talk about it, with his family's permission, out loud.

Good offer Annie.
    So Sorry to hear about yr BinLaw.
    On Sunday I’m watching Spud horsing around (on Bounce, on repeat) entertaining us with his madness, goodwill, grinning and good natured carry on and next day (it appears ) he commits suicide.
    His numerous loved ones will never be quite the same again.
    Put yr hand up guys, tell someone yr in a very dark place and need a leg up.
    It’s a much better option (of course).

Definitely suicide. Been speaking to a current VicPol member. He was doing a minimum of 110ks when he hit the tree. The advised speed there is 50ks. He certainly knew what he was doing. It's hard to fathom what would be going on in someones mind to do that to yourself. It must've been terrible for him.

Danny missed a family celebration of his birthday the previous day as well as an appointment with his psychiatrist the day of his death. It was reported that he had financial problems. It is becoming increasingly clear that Danny committed suicide.

Its a concern that someone so aware of mental illnesses, the effects, the signs, and all the available help at his disposal... that this event still could not be stopped.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast