Page 21 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-season 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I hope it isn't true but I read a rumour that Naismith has done his Achilles. Please please be false.
    Where did you read this rumour?

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I hope it isn't true but I read a rumour that Naismith has done his Achilles. Please please be false.
    That's a 3 to 6 month injury so terrible news. Let's hope that the rumour is false.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Where did you read this rumour?
    I did a quick search and it turned up on Bigfooty. No confirmation at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I did a quick search and it turned up on Bigfooty. No confirmation at this stage.

Yes, I found that and it wasn't very convincing. Just somebody on Sunday, saying that he'd heard a rumour and wondering if it was true. Nobody else seemed to know anything about it. If it was true, somebody else should have mentioned it by now? And I think the team has been on a training break, so that would also lessen the chance of an achilles tear.

However, I did learn that Sam calls himself, Crayfish, on social media, and that he likes to retweet stuff by Brandon Jack.

Senior Player
    Sams most photos on Instagram were at Christmas. No sign of trouble with his Achilles those so hopefully these rumours are false

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Where would we be without rumour? Don't answer that ...
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I do prefer our leadership group being reduced to 5 as I can see it being more effective based on the old motto "too many chiefs and not enough indians".

I'm a traditionalist at heart and do prefer the single Captain / Vice Captain setup, however I do admit the the co captaincy model the club has adopted for a number of years now does appear to have served us well. I was rather taken aback by Kane Cornes savage criticism of Port Adelaide when they appointed co captains for the first time last season. Noticed they've now returned to the single captain model and wonder how much of that was outside influence like Kane?

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    I do prefer our leadership group being reduced to 5 as I can see it being more effective based on the old motto "too many chiefs and not enough indians".

I'm a traditionalist at heart and do prefer the single Captain / Vice Captain setup, however I do admit the the co captaincy model the club has adopted for a number of years now does appear to have served us well. I was rather taken aback by Kane Cornes savage criticism of Port Adelaide when they appointed co captains for the first time last season. Noticed they've now returned to the single captain model and wonder how much of that was outside influence like Kane?
    If they take any notice of Kane Cornes they're in serious trouble.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    If they take any notice of Kane Cornes they're in serious trouble.
    +1

So Buddy has had a knee arthroscope and is out for 10 weeks. Is a "chance" to make round 1. ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    So Buddy has had a knee arthroscope and is out for 10 weeks. Is a "chance" to make round 1. ☹️
    Bloody hell.

That’s less than ideal