Page 32 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-season 2020

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by goods78 View Post

Big news is that Heeney has a guard on the right wrist and was restricted to doing some light cardio. Could not use the the right hand at all and was told off by Davis when he started to get too enthusiastic in some muck around kicks at goal at the end of the session.

Here is hoping that it is not too serious.
    Swans confirm a broken thumb

Heeney's training restricted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goods78 View Post
    Went down to training this morning.

It was a pretty light session with skills and intensity below previous visits.

Lap runners: Armity, McCarten, E Taylor
    Rehab: Ronke, Rowles, Clarke
    Not present: Franklin, Rampe

Big news is that Heeney has a guard on the right wrist and was restricted to doing some light cardio. Could not use the the right hand at all and was told off by Davis when he started to get too enthusiastic in some muck around kicks at goal at the end of the session.

Here is hoping that it is not too serious.

Thanks for breaking the Heeney news, goods78. It's a bit of a bummer but shouldn't affect his fitness too much so hopefully doesn't hold him back. I wonder what Rampe's up to.

What does "Rehab" mean as opposed to running laps? Are they worse off than the lap-runners?

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Thanks for breaking the Heeney news, goods78. It's a bit of a bummer but shouldn't affect his fitness too much so hopefully doesn't hold him back. I wonder what Rampe's up to.

What does "Rehab" mean as opposed to running laps? Are they worse off than the lap-runners?
    On a positive note, Matt Ling was training for the first time that I have seen with the main group (albeit on a light day). He looked really sharp and is a beautiful left foot kick.

I think on the rehab v lap runners it’s all down to what’s wrong with the player. Allir seems to have a knee issue so he spends more time boxing than running laps (looking super fit btw). A player with a shoulder issue will do more laps.

They are all just modified individual programs. And even within the lap runners, McCartin is doing laps at twice the speed of E Taylor who is paced by a trainer.

Hopefully Rampe is off studying the AFL rule book! It’s my only knock on the guy. From an outside perspective he looks to be a superb leader who demands a lot from the group and sets great standards.

Veterans List
    Bad news about Heeney but at least he will be able to keep his fitness up.

I read that the younger swans players climbed the Sydney harbour bridge. I'm glad no one tripped on a step and injured themselves 😯!!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Bad news about Heeney but at least he will be able to keep his fitness up.

I read that the younger swans players climbed the Sydney harbour bridge. I'm glad no one tripped on a step and injured themselves 😯!!
    Or a chain, or took a NFL ball with them!

As Mel observed, won't lose fitness with just a thumb. Good news on Ling.

It's good to see on the latest episode of Inside Sydney that we have taken a leaf out of the Hawks book and started using real AFL umpires (albeit not one of the better known ones - Leigh Fisher) to officiate our match sims. Hopefully stands us in good stead during the actual season.

I wanted to add that Will Gould is looking leaner in the video too. And, in a small way, the fact that he does so much talking (in connection with the Bridge Climb segment) reinforces the impression he has strong leadership credentials.

I'm super excited about our draftees from the past two drafts! Will enhance the attraction of NEAFL (and AFL) footy this season. Blakey! Rowbottom! McInerney. Foot. Stephens! Gould! Elijah! Warner! If even half of them go on to become regular best 22, that will be awesome and I reckon we'll do at least that well.

I wanted to add that Will Gould is looking leaner in the video too. And, in a small way, the fact that he does so much talking (in connection with the Bridge Climb segment) reinforces the impression he has strong leadership credentials.

I'm super excited about our draftees from the past two drafts! Will enhance the attraction of NEAFL (and AFL) footy this season. Blakey! Rowbottom! McInerney. Foot. Stephens! Gould! Elijah! Warner! If even half of them go on to become regular best 22, that will be awesome and I reckon we'll do at least that well.
    Interesting comment, bloodspirit. I had been intending to ask if anyone could comment on how Will Gould is going. In the 'Inside Sydney, episode 8' video he makes some comments that suggested to me that he's finding the match simulations are testing his fitness (while also suggesting that he's got a good attitude to meet the challenge). I suspect I'm not alone in having high hopes for him. So, to those who've been able to monitor his progress a bit more closely than those of us outside Sydney, is he looking a chance to be playing seniors anytime soon?

Veterans List
    It's good to see on the latest episode of Inside Sydney that we have taken a leaf out of the Hawks book and started using real AFL umpires (albeit not one of the better known ones - Leigh Fisher) to officiate our match sims. Hopefully stands us in good stead during the actual season.
    That's interesting news. With all the match simulations that I have been reading about, I was wondering whether we had invited an AFL umpire to officiate. It can help us with the various rule interpretations...(although this doesn't mean much when each umpire interprets the rules differently!)

Veterans List
    Will Gould was SA U18 Captain I believe, would suggest he's a leader.

Super excited when we nabbed him, a mate who's a Glenelg supporter and former player said he's a certainty to be a very good AFL level player.
    Last edited by 707; 30th January 2020 at 11:13 PM.

Anyone know when our first intra club match is , or is it just the match simulation we do now ?

I agree. We've drafted quite well the last few years. A lot of quality that should cause headaches at the selection table. I'm jumping on the Waner bandwagon. He seems to have the right mindset for the AFL and should be a good Jones replacement in the backline.