Page 34 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-season 2020

Quote Originally Posted by goods78 View Post
    I have watched him a little bit during the pre-season. Looks much leaner since he arrived at the club, but still a real unit for his age (ie in the Mellican mould). In the club match today his top up player opponent (number 57) kicked some early goals on him. I like him for depth, but I think there are too many experiened players ahead of him. For me 2020 is a development year with the possibility of a late season debut.
    Thanks for that, goods78. I'd be happy with 2020 as development for him, but I think he's a good prospect for the future and was a good get at the draft.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Just looking at the pictures posted on the Swans website from the Team Photo day, the players that I couldn't see were Warner, Harry C and Lewis Taylor. Camera shy? Also, can someone please identify the player on Stephens' right in picture 7/10?
    It's definitely Warner.

.....and in response to some other suggestions;

Reynolds is up in the back row next to Stoddart.

Papley is actually behind Stephens, not on his left.

I'm really struggling to see that it's Warner. Warner is sturdier and frecklier and normally has a totally different haircut. Plus his tongue's not sticking out!

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    oh my lefts and rights mixed up. I think its Chad Warner with a haircut
    +1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I'm really struggling to see that it's Warner. Warner is sturdier and frecklier and normally has a totally different haircut. Plus his tongue's not sticking out!
    I think Warner was less freckly, more pimply when he arrived at the Swans.....but the Sydney Swans lifestyle must have cleared them up.....and he's had a haircut but still got the bleached bits at the top. I've checked other images of him online as well. Definitely Warner.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I think Warner was less freckly, more pimply when he arrived at the Swans.....but the Sydney Swans lifestyle must have cleared them up.....and he's had a haircut but still got the bleached bits at the top. I've checked other images of him online as well. Definitely Warner.
    Well, I don't have a better explanation, and nor has anyone else so far. So well done magic merkin if you're right! Glad Warner got a haircut. His last do was dismal.

Veterans List
    I saw an ad on the ABC for the Goodes documentary The Australian Dream and it's going to be shown Sunday February 23.

(I posted this here because the Goodes Documentary thread is locked).

Heard Terry Wallace on radio today raising concerns that our big men of Rampe, Naismith, Reid, Sinclair and McCartin might be having some injury issues (along with Buddy & Heeney) going by his observation they all didn't participate in last Friday's internal hit out. Whilst it's not panic stations as yet, said he would start to worry if they didn't participate in the March practice matches, using Melbourne's preseason last year which he believed derailed their season having under done players in the first month.

I just read Naismith article recently on the Swans website saying how he's ready to go for the season ahead! Buddy & Heeney we already know. Not sure but about the rest on his list but I also think they could be managed given their age, injury history and past work loads in Rampe's case. Hopefully Wallace is seeing smoke where there's NO fire. Surely every club has similar list of players missing a bit of preseason for one reason or another?

Senior Player
    Wallace probably has no idea but has to say something to justify his paid job. Early February not prime time for AFL!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Wallace probably has no idea but has to say something to justify his paid job. Early February not prime time for AFL!
    That's a fair description of Wallace's contribution at all times of the year.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Wallace at his best during trade period where he shows himself to have NFI about anything!

I don't listen to him at all except to marvel how so many of these clowns make a living off the AFL industry.

FWIW, read in this morning's paper that Port only have one player unavailable at this point in time. Our list is a little more worrying but I'd think it's all about managing players into the season proper.

Veterans List
    "The Whisper" in the Herald Sun says that there were raised eyebrows up north when a club leader went missing from the team photo day after the group photo was taken. Apparently he went AWOL to Bondi beach.

Did GWS have their team photo taken last week as well? If not then I wonder which swans player it was??