Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-season 2020

Senior Player
    Is that Tom McCartin who finished a close fourth to the midfielders? Bloody well done.

Sydney Swans on Twitter: "Dawso with the win in the 2km time trial 💨 #ProudlySydney… "

Looks to have built up a bit too.

Swans back for pre-season sweat - sydneyswans.com.au

Might be 15 seasons for Buddy but it’s not 15 pre-seasons .

And by the time the 2020 season begins there will be a mini-Franklin he needs to impress.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Might be 15 seasons for Buddy but it’s not 15 pre-seasons .

And by the time the 2020 season begins there will be a mini-Franklin he needs to impress.
    Yes, 4 November could be the earliest Buddy has ever participated in pre-season training.

I wouldn't take my suggested finishing order of Dawson, Clarke, Foot as gospel. I didn't witness it and the people (Swans staff) who told me didn't seem too sure of themselves. The reports I've seen only refer to Dawson winning. Clarke and Foot 2nd and 3rd might be right or it might not. Looking at the video it looked like Foot was 2nd (he looks a bit taller and so was wondering if he was McInerney but I think it's Foot) and Clarke 3rd and then the guy in the red shirt 4th, who probably is McCartin.

Social media is full of players without shirts on.
    Welcome to pre-season training 2019/20!!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Great post Blood Spirit. I would imagine you must have approached Tom in a very easy going, respectful manner to have got all that from him - well done!

Certainly makes me feel optimistic about the direction of the club as everything he has stated to you is very sensible.

If only they could've been a bit more transparent to the supporters during the silky season to allay our fears that they were about to embark on some craziness, given all the crap coming from the media. Glad to hear that Tom has recognised that we weren't in the front foot with the media and are looking to be a little more proactive in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Is that Tom McCartin who finished a close fourth to the midfielders? Bloody well done.

Sydney Swans on Twitter: "Dawso with the win in the 2km time trial 💨 #ProudlySydney… "

Looks to have built up a bit too.

Swans back for pre-season sweat - sydneyswans.com.au
    They went in three different groups so Tom came fourth in his group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I wouldn't take my suggested finishing order of Dawson, Clarke, Foot as gospel. I didn't witness it and the people (Swans staff) who told me didn't seem too sure of themselves. The reports I've seen only refer to Dawson winning. Clarke and Foot 2nd and 3rd might be right or it might not. Looking at the video it looked like Foot was 2nd (he looks a bit taller and so was wondering if he was McInerney but I think it's Foot) and Clarke 3rd and then the guy in the red shirt 4th, who probably is McCartin.
    They went in three groups so very hard to judge who came where other than Dawson.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Well, the team was there training this morning. All the kids plus... Buddy!

There were a few non-listed players in the mix including Hebron, Bartholomaeus and Aidyn Johnson.
    The former Port player? Well done if you recognised him, wouldn't know him from a bar of soap.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    The former Port player? Well done if you recognised him, wouldn't know him from a bar of soap.
    I asked Tom Harley who the non listed players that were training were were and he told me. I pointed out the players I couldn't recognise, and he identified them. I wouldn't have recognised Hebron or Bartholomaeus either, although I recognise the names.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post

They went in three groups so very hard to judge who came where other than Dawson.
    Fair point , barracuda. However it seemed like the lead group were the faster runners and the last group were the slower ones.

Fair point , barracuda. However it seemed like the lead group were the faster runners and the last group were the slower ones.
    Which implies significant improvement from Knoll!

Pykey Knoll !!!!!!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Not much angst from the Port board on BF about his delisting, in fact it’s hard to find much on there at all about him other than he showed up for preseason this year in poor shape

Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast