Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-season 2020

Does anybody know if Maibaum has still been training with us as we are looking to re-rookie him? Seems like he might fall behind in his pre-season if he we do rookie him and he hasn't been training.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by dazedjosh View Post
    Does anybody know if Maibaum has still been training with us as we are looking to re-rookie him? Seems like he might fall behind in his pre-season if he we do rookie him and he hasn't been training.
    I assumed he was still recovering from his ACL injury

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    McCartins biggest drawback in the forward role is his pretty ordinary kicking at goal. Unless this improves he will have to be a utility.
    He did seem to have improved drastically by the end of the season

Just watched Ronke on SS website. Did I hear correctly "being up here 5 days a week".
    If I did hear right, what does that mean? Until the season starts, he is FIFO.?

Quote Originally Posted by Molly dooker View Post
    Just watched Ronke on SS website. Did I hear correctly "being up here 5 days a week".
    He says “in the club” really softly after “back up here”. I think he just meant training five days a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    McCartins biggest drawback in the forward role is his pretty ordinary kicking at goal. Unless this improves he will have to be a utility.
    Mccartin for me is a young Nick Riewoldt type ( hopefully as good , i believe he could be). His strengths are his ability to compete in the contest , brilliant hands and an enormous tank. Riewoldt could’ve been a great defender as well , I saw him very early against the swans at Telstra Dome ( I think it was called that back then) and he absolutely tore us up playing down back. And only In his first or second season I believe. But with that ability to get up and down the ground providing a get out option and to clunk the big marks , these type of footballers are simply more valuable starting in the front half IMO, even without elite goal kicking skills ( and as markwebbos commented Mccartin seems to be improving in this department ). You can’t really leave an opponent to go providing a marking target further down the field when you start as a defender. That’s the difference for me. That bit of freedom to use your tank and your marking skills when you are a forward. It’s more restricted in defence ( unless you are playing loose /intercept defender )

Veterans List
    Probably going home on weekends.

McCartins goal kicking is noticeably better this year, Plugger been working with him no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by dazedjosh View Post
    I saw him at training a week ago, first day back. I presume he continues to train with us.

That's good to hear. I was really keen to see what he was capable of when we drafted him and he's only 21 now. He was an All Australian at U18 so clearly has the ability. Apparently it was just his attitude the first couple of seasons and then his ACL at the start of last season that left him where he is at the moment. I understand that we can't leave him on the senior list but not giving him another chance on the rookie list would seem like a waste of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    He says “in the club” really softly after “back up here”. I think he just meant training five days a week.

Thanks MB. My partner keeps telli g me I'm losing my hearing a little. Must be all my yelling and clapper use at the games.

Senior Player
    Thanks MB. My partner keeps telli g me I'm losing my hearing a little. Must be all my yelling and clapper use at the games.
    So you're the one who drives me crazy with the 100 minute clapper bashing. Right in my ear. Enough that I'm changing my seats of 15 years this season.

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    So you're the one who drives me crazy with the 100 minute clapper bashing. Right in my ear. Enough that I'm changing my seats of 15 years this season.
    We need to ban those clappers. They drive me nuts

Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast