Page 1 of 65 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-season 2020

Pre-season 2020

When does our pre-season start? When do 1st to 4th year players return to training? (were 5th year players included too in our most recent pre-season?) And what about the rest? Normally 2 weeks later I think.

This article tells us the senior players have gone on holidays already after having season exit interviews last year and that the NEAFL players are having their season reviews today and will be on holidays from tomorrow: Swans players begin break - sydneyswans.com.au.

Hopefully a calendar of key off-season dates (including the B&F and jumper presentation night etc) will be published soon if it hasn't already. If it has already been published, can someone please post a link?

Happy and I know it
    Club Champion Dinner is 17 September. Info here: Sydney Swans Club Champion Dinner
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Veterans List
    I read an article on the swans app a couple of weeks ago that listed all the key dates including trade period, free agency, draft etc.

The pre-season warm up games have been announced: Unpacking the pre-season fixture . We play GWS (surprise, surprise) and North (in Hobart - 9 March).

Veterans List
    The North game (9th March) is on a Monday which luckily is Labour day in Victoria. But I don't think it's a holiday in NSW is it?

Apart from the cost to the club of getting to Hobart (do we foot the bill? - where does that expression come from?) I kind of like playing our away game there (if you can count playing GWS at BISP a 'home game'). It gives us a chance to keep our Tassie supporter base happy, and maybe even to expand it and build our profile nationally. Apart from Hawthorn and North, we seem to play in Tassie more than most. Or am I just imagining that?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Apart from the cost to the club of getting to Hobart (do we foot the bill? - where does that expression come from?) I kind of like playing our away game there (if you can count playing GWS at BISP a 'home game'). It gives us a chance to keep our Tassie supporter base happy, and maybe even to expand it and build our profile nationally. Apart from Hawthorn and North, we seem to play in Tassie more than most. Or am I just imagining that?
    I was hoping we might get an away game to the Wees and Poos in launceston this season, but seems unlikely now. Have thoroughly enjoyed getting down to Tassie for the last 2 regular season games against Norf, as have made a break with the Mrs of it.

I don't think we play there more than many other teams though - we've played the Hawks down there once and Norf three times (not including this pre season game). Teams like Brisbane, Freo, GWS seem to get sent down there almost every season.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I think the year 1-4 players return to training on Monday. Then presumably the rest return on 18 November. Every year I think "I should turn up first day because that's when they run the time trial". So far I haven't been organised enough to do it. I'm still unclear whether it will be on 4/11 or 18/11 or both. Can anyone confirm?

The draft is 27-28 November. I'm tipping the new draftees to turn up on 2 December. Does anyone think they'll show up before then?

Warming the Bench
    Florent, Lloyd and Parker doing brisk laps of Centennial Park this morning. Saw Blakey doing solo runs there a few weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goods78 View Post
    Florent, Lloyd and Parker doing brisk laps of Centennial Park this morning. Saw Blakey doing solo runs there a few weeks ago.

Thanks for sharing.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Thanks for sharing.
    No worries. Haywood also having a kick later on the oval with some of those guys and a younger player - I think Harry Reynolds.

Quote Originally Posted by goods78 View Post
    No worries. Haywood also having a kick later on the oval with some of those guys and a younger player - I think Harry Reynolds.

Which oval? In Centennial Park? Lakeside? The one near the Bat & Ball they were training on last year?

Page 1 of 65 123451151 ... LastLast