Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-season 2020

Am I the first to notice teams are out??? No Papley! Wicks, Knoll and McInerny on bench.
    AFL - News, Fixtures, Scores & Results - AFL.com.au

I’m so dumb! Papley playing in Bushfire match with Lloyd and Mills 🤪😅

Regular in the Side
    The Full Team List for this Saturday:
    B: K.Brand 2 D.Rampe 24 R.Fox 42
    HB: H.Cunningham 7 A.Aliir 36 C.O'Riordan 38
    C: O.Florent 13 L.Parker 26 J.Dawson 34
    HF: S.Gray 15 T.McCartin 30 N.Blakey 22
    F: L.Taylor 28 C.Sinclair 18 W.Hayward 9
    Foll: S.Naismith 10 J.Rowbottom 8 J.Kennedy - C 12
    I/C: W.Gould 17 D.Stephens 3 G.Hewett 29 C.Warner 1 J.McInerney 27 S.Wicks 45 B.Ronke 25 M.Knoll 48

Emerg: Z.Foot 16 R.Stoddart 33 M.Ling 19 J.Amartey 46

Comparing to last Saturday, we have
    In - Rampe, Parker, Mccartin
    Out - Lloyd, Mills, Papley, Bell

A very interesting Emergency List! May be that would be all remaining players not in "rehab"? Bell played well last Sat but "injured" again? Hope that Hewett can show more improvement. We have high expectations but he was so so last week
    Last edited by Aaron; 27th February 2020 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    The Full Team List for this Saturday:
    B: K.Brand 2 D.Rampe 24 R.Fox 42
    HB: H.Cunningham 7 A.Aliir 36 C.O'Riordan 38
    C: O.Florent 13 L.Parker 26 J.Dawson 34
    HF: S.Gray 15 T.McCartin 30 N.Blakey 22
    F: L.Taylor 28 C.Sinclair 18 W.Hayward 9
    Foll: S.Naismith 10 J.Rowbottom 8 J.Kennedy - C 12
    I/C: W.Gould 17 D.Stephens 3 G.Hewett 29 C.Warner 1 J.McInerney 27 S.Wicks 45 B.Ronke 25 M.Knoll 48

Emerg: Z.Foot 16 R.Stoddart 33 M.Ling 19 J.Amartey 46
    A very interesting Emergency group!
    An extreme lack of star power in that team. Hopefully the youngan's can lift.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Looks like the KPD position is Brand's to lose. I hope he plays well and becomes our next Teddy - average at first club, out and out star with us.

Looking forward to seeing our youngsters play, in particular the 3 draftees. It was pretty clear Stephens and Gould would get early opportunities to show their wares but Warner must've really impressed since coming to the club. I hope he irons out a few of the GWS players!

Pity that Ling and Stoddart are only emergencies. Hope they get some game time in the rest of preseason games

Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    Pity that Ling and Stoddart are only emergencies. Hope they get some game time in the rest of preseason games
    Those two have been on the list for quite a while now. 2020 will be a make or break year for both of them.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Is the game being broadcast on free to air or accessible www?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Those two have been on the list for quite a while now. 2020 will be a make or break year for both of them.

Totally disagree. Ling and Stoddart are only entering their 3rd year. Ling has been injured for the better part of his 2 years here, but now seems fit enough to at least be listed with the emergencies. Stoddart has played very well in the reserves, which warranted a couple of call ups to the seniors.

There will be a lot of competition for spots among the young players, in that we have so many good ones, so naturally Ling and Stoddart will have to continue to show progress this year, which can be said about every player. I wouldn't say it's make or break at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post

I agree this is a critical year for both of these guys and there is a real risk either one of them could even be cut at the end of the season. That said I don't read too much into their non selection last weekend or this. In the case of Ling, I think it's just that it's been so long since he played footy that he will start in the NEAFL. In the case of Stoddart I understand he had a minor injury niggle that has set back his pre-season a little bit, enough to miss selection. I'm also not too concerned about Stoddart not having put on that much weight. I'm sure the club's fitness and conditioning staff, headed by Rob Spurrs, are all over that and have decided they think this is the best program for him. Maybe since he doesn't play on ball he doesn't need as much strength and bulk as a player like Florent?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly dooker View Post
    Is the game being broadcast on free to air or accessible www?
    Don't think so. Looks like all paid options.

Marsh Broadcast Guide

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Don't think so. Looks like all paid options.

Marsh Broadcast Guide
    Bummer. It's a reasonable consolation though that it looks like the whole game, divided into quarters, will be posted on to afl.com.au some time after it finishes. (Hopefully by tomorrow night!)