Thread: Pre-season 2020

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Molly dooker View Post
    Thank you.
    Should really look into kayo MD, think itโ€™s like $15 a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Totally disagree. Ling and Stoddart are only entering their 3rd year. Ling has been injured for the better part of his 2 years here, but now seems fit enough to at least be listed with the emergencies. Stoddart has played very well in the reserves, which warranted a couple of call ups to the seniors.

There will be a lot of competition for spots among the young players, in that we have so many good ones, so naturally Ling and Stoddart will have to continue to show progress this year, which can be said about every player. I wouldn't say it's make or break at all.
    With draftees and recruits to squeeze onto our list at seasons end......how long do we wait for them to deliver......something?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    With draftees and recruits to squeeze onto our list at seasons end......how long do we wait for them to deliver......something?
    Almost as long as it takes if the coaching staff are confident they will make best 22 grade.

Not sure how anyone could do without live games even if it costs a few dollars, give up coffee or something :-)

There's a number of things that I'm looking forward to, in this afternoon's game. Firstly, what will our draftees do? There seems to a positive vibe about this year's crop, so it would be nice to see Stephens, Gould and Warner, show enough glimpses, to keep that optimism bubbling away.

Then there's the hope that some of younger players will already be showing a bit of improvement. That is, will McCartin be closer to handling a key position spot? Will Blakey be more likely to have a high possession game, that leaves the opposition devastated? Will Rowbottom be more of a genuine inside mid? Will Florent spend more time flashing in and out of midfield contests?

I'm also interested in how our ruckmen go. Will Naismith be able to provide quality service to our mids? Will Sinclair show enough as a key forward, to justify his spot in the side? Or if those options don't work out, will Knoll continue his improvement and become a genuine option?

There's one possibility I'm dreading, though. Which is our midfield getting outplayed by a Giants unit, missing Coniglio, Kelly, Ward and Greene. If that was to happen, it would really decrease my optimism level for the coming season.

Veterans List
    Watching the telecast with my dad and they are showing the warm up and my dad says "Gee that number 10 is tall". I told him that it is Naismith ๐Ÿ˜Š.

Ronke looks sadly out of touch

Veterans List
    Florent to the bench for concussion monitoring....

Post edit: Now back on within a few minutes.....I must have misheard.

Coming towards the end of the first quarter. Few positive observations:
    1) Brand looks good. Been in good position for a few intercepts and spoils. Pencil him in for round 1.
    2) Never remembered COR being such a nice kick. He always had dash but his disposal by foot looks good.
    3) Will Gould is an animal. He is ready.
    4) Sam Gray is a good pick up. Just a smart player who will feed the ball nicely to Buddy et al.
    5) McInerney should get more first team footy. Provides dash on the wing and off HB.
    We could still struggle for clean ball and clearly lack height without Buddy, Reid and McCartain.

Gould's bump was sort of encouraging. O'Riordan seems to have had a pretty good off-season. Parker seems in good touch. Brand is a bit AJ like.

Looks like the Giants made a major blunder playing Taranto. If a shoulder goes out that easily, it's likely there was some preexisting damage, so risking him in a trial match now seems unwise.

Giants are all over Sydney

Stephens has had a few bad turnovers that have cost goals due to a bit of panic under pressure. A bit disappointing for a top 5 pick midfielder as they are the ones you hope have the class to handle the step up the quickest!

Certainly not writing the kid off as I expect all the experts saw enough to know he'll be a beauty but looks a little overwhelmed early on.

As I was writing he had a couple of nice touches so hopefully just working his way into it!

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk