Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-season 2020

Here's a really lame article repeating what has already been reported which seems of dubious value anyway: https://www.afl.com.au/news/267609/w...-up-pre-season.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I have been trying, in vain, to browse the photos from the Coffs Harbour training. Unfortunately they will not come up. I have informed the IT people at the club, twice for two different pics, but still no action. Hoping something happens soon because I enjoy looking at the pics.

The reason pics, video etc are important to me is that I live in Laos and they are my only contact with the footy and our continued development as a squad. We have a team in Laos called the Lao Elephants who I am going to help develop the game with. They are Soccer mad here but with enough exposure they could come round

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk
    Are you using the swans app or the website? This week I have been unable to the view the various photo galleries on the app. I have gone to the website and have had no problems.

BS looks like ex Poet adelaide Aidyn got his chance and didn't convince the swans?

Nowhere to be seen now ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Are you using the swans app or the website? This week I have been unable to the view the various photo galleries on the app. I have gone to the website and have had no problems.
    Using the App

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    BS looks like ex Poet adelaide Aidyn got his chance and didn't convince the swans?

Nowhere to be seen now ?
    Yeah, I haven't noticed him since the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Using the App
    Use your browser at the Sydney swans website. The app isn't working for me either.

Nowhere to be seen now ?
    We lost interest when he gave up poetry.

Thanks from me also Blood Spirit.

Your reports are great. I used to go to pre-season training a lot and it seems much has changed as game sims weren't happening at this time. I could never figure out why as fitness isn't all that's needed to win games as we all know.

I don't think Buddy would consider formalising his leadership as he is about to become a first time dad. His leadership is always there for his team but the other stuff, e.g. interviews etc about the team, possibly, isn't what he wants.

I will look forward to the next reports on the boys. Thanks again.

has anyone noticed Gulden and Campbell training much ?

both laser kicks for guys playing one year young in the under18 champs

172cm and 178cm respectively ......... hopefully shoot up in height in 2020

does anyone know if Campbell was injured a bit this year ? Gulden was represented more in the Under18 champs
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

has anyone noticed Gulden and Campbell training much ?

both laser kicks for guys playing one year young in the under18 champs

172cm and 178cm respectively ......... hopefully shoot up in height in 2020

does anyone know if Campbell was injured a bit this year ? Gulden was represented more in the Under18 champs
    Both have been training with the swans but they also trained with the academy yesterday. It was final hitout for 2019 and they are both in pretty good nick.

In terms of growth, I dont think Gulden will grow much at all , Campbell might have some more in him. Gulden is a very smart , tenacious player and ultra competitive. Campbell just oozes class and has a sublime kick.

In the one session I saw them with the swans , they both fit in pretty well and in fact better than the new recruits in many ways - probably helps coming through the academy system.

Agree

To be honest they look a long way behind the first round picks last couple of drafts

But they are a year young and we playing outside roles in the games I watched of them in the under18 champs

I do rate their kicking ability and gulden in particular has great vision

I had a look at training today. Though found it hard to focus on individual players. So I will just describe what they did.

-Firstly half the squad mostly the younger players did a modified beep test. I think it started at level 17.1 but it would skip levels like go from 17.3 to 18.1. Fox was able to run the furthest and did about 4 more shuttles than Clarke who was second.

- Then they did some skill drills. I think they rotated through four stations. One was running onto a 5m kick. One was practicing 25m kicks. One was picking up a ground ball. One was 2 vs 2 practicing picking up a ground ball, evading and getting a handpass away.

-Next most of the squad played 10 vs 10 games on a 2/3 field. There were three teams of ten and they just did round robin till they had played each team. A smaller group of players did some other drill at the other end of the field.

-Next drill was 5 attackers vs 3 defenders. The attackers would try to hand ball for a bit and then break upfield to kick the ball to a 2 vs 2 contest.

-Next drill was moving the ball from a kick-in to get upfield. The ball would be kicked in from the goal square to the back pocket. Then kicked inside 45 degrees to a player who would draw a defender and handpass to a running player who would kick to a leading player upfield. Who would handpass to another running player kicking into the attacking 50.

-Then they split up. Mids did some drills where a ruck would tap it to a 1 vs 1 contest and then they would sprint out. Later the ruck would be tapping to a 5 vs 5 contest. Forwards and Defenders did a drill where it was 1 vs 1 marking contest for a high kick into the goal square. And another drill where it was 3 attackers making leads against 3 defenders inside the 50m arc.

-Next was 1 vs 1 contest drills. They moved through a few stations like a marking contest, a shepherding drill and a drill where one player would be on the ground with the ball and the other player would lock it in.

-Next was a really short 7 vs 7 game like drill.

-Lastly the squad split up into groups. Kennedy, Hewett, Florent, Clarke and someone else was doing ground ball drills with McVeigh. One player would pick the ball up, evade and try to get a hand pass away. Then later they would practice shrugging off a tackle and getting the handball away. Some of the younger mids were practicing picking up ground balls hitting a bump bag and getting the hand ball out. Defenders and Forwards were doing 1 vs 1 contested marking practice. Rampe seemed to enjoy it and was up against Blakey initially and then Knoll.

At various stages some players would be doing other stuff. Naismith O'Connor and Maibaum seemed to do a lot of running around the oval. Briefly Warner did some one on one work with a coach where he was picking up a ground ball then quickly getting a kick away. Amartey was doing a lot of boxing on the sideline. Also there were a lot of young academy kids. Sometimes doing drills with the seniors but often in their own group.