Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-season 2020

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    He's leaner....in Horse's words "He's looking in really good condition at the moment. He's probably as light as he's been at this time of the year."

I'm excited....
    Ideal shape for an inside mid (who would go ok on the outside too).

Quote Originally Posted by dazedjosh View Post
    I'm 70% sure that's actually Jai Florent and he's had a hair cut. He's got a thick mop on top, trimmed short and the face is about right. He's definitely not one of our listed players, I thought it might be Sam Wicks but the hair is wrong. Going through the list of five kids training with us hoping for a rookie spot, he's the only one with the right hair and roughly the right face.

If the club got around him then Jai would also fit in with that description as Ollie and Jai obviously lost their dad a few weeks before Ollie got drafted so I'm guessing it's a pretty emotional time for him right now and they'd jump at the chance to give him some support.

Family ties could see another speed demon land at Swans - AFL.com.au
    It is Jai Florent. Similar to Cody Hirst, unlikely to be picked up.

More pictures with shirts off released yesterday. Although, they are wearing bras.
    Noice.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    Bloody hell Buddy looks fit! He looks to have dropped 7-10KG's I reckon.

Good to see Dawson won the 2K time trial. The pic of McCartin is promising too - he has added a lot of body strength by the look of it - good if he has maintained his running ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    Bloody hell Buddy looks fit! He looks to have dropped 7-10KG's I reckon.

Good to see Dawson won the 2K time trial. The pic of McCartin is promising too - he has added a lot of body strength by the look of it - good if he has maintained his running ability.
    I noticed Mccartin looking big and strong too , on his third preseason and still only 19 !( admittedly not for much longer ). He’s one to watch this year for me , can see him having a BIG year .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was Dawson ever known for his endurance? Is this an area he has massively improved over the off season? Should we now be looking at him to play inside? He certainly fits the bill as a potential JPK heir, big body, big tank and that left foot! Imagine him winning a centre clearance at the SCG and slotting one from 60!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Was Dawson ever known for his endurance? Is this an area he has massively improved over the off season? Should we now be looking at him to play inside? He certainly fits the bill as a potential JPK heir, big body, big tank and that left foot! Imagine him winning a centre clearance at the SCG and slotting one from 60!
    Not so far as I am aware. His performances this pre-season have blown me away! I'm super impressed and excited about the season he is going to have. He's got all the tools. His ceiling is so high. Where has he been hiding all this time?? Sure, we knew he was a decent NEAFL player and had hopes, but I think he has surpassed them already and with the promise of more improvement to come.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Not so far as I am aware. His performances this pre-season have blown me away! I'm super impressed and excited about the season he is going to have. He's got all the tools. His ceiling is so high. Where has he been hiding all this time?? Sure, we knew he was a decent NEAFL player and had hopes, but I think he has surpassed them already and with the promise of more improvement to come.
    based on what I know he got a bit lazy in season 2018. He had the facts of life explained to him and has responded brilliantly. Having watched many of his games in the NEAFL over the last years he was always a gun, he just needed a bit of a push to start to reach his potential.

There's an interview with him in the Hun:

Category: | Herald Sun

Jordan Dawson insists Sydney Swans’ young guns won’t shy away from filling the big shoes vacated by a host of recently retired club legends. The 22-year-old has made a flying start to pre-season, winning both of the club’s 2km time trials held so far – the second one quicker than the first and featuring almost every member of the squad. It follows his most promising player award for the 2019 season and armed with the self belief that was missing 12 months ago, he’s ready to take his game to another level in 2020.

Dawson is not only in great physical shape but the difference from 12 months ago is largely in his head. “I was fit this time last year but wasn’t really confident in whether or not I could have an impact in the senior team,” he said. “There were a few chats with a couple of the older guys. I spoke to Dane Rampe, Luke Parker, Josh Kennedy. They were confident in what I could do. It wasn’t one particular moment or one particular game (where I felt the belief), more a build up of games (Dawson missed only two matches in 2019 and was rewarded with a two-year contract extension).

Veterans List
    Sinkers shoulder must be coming along OK.

https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%...1sinclairH.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Sinkers shoulder must be coming along OK.

https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%...1sinclairH.JPG
    The thing that he's got hold of; did that used to be Warwick Capper's hair?

Just noticed in the pictures taken for the UFC blokes visit with the boys on the Swans website, Hayden McLean has a large injury boot (moon boot?) on his foot/leg.

WHAT???