Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Finals week 2 weekly discussion thread

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Great last quarter by Geelong, Danger WAS huge......but Hawkins could be in a bit of trouble.
    Anyone else have a flashback to 2005 when they saw what Hawkins did?

In my opinion, I think hawkins's punch is more suspension worthy than Toby Greene's face rubs, so we will see the full extent of the Victorian media bias on display this week. I expect a "poor Tom" campaign.
    Personally I hope hawkins's gets a fine only as well.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Anyone else have a flashback to 2005 when they saw what Hawkins did?
    Yep. Maybe Geelong will use the Hall defence ("I thought it was OK to hit guys who were annoying me") to get the Tomahawk off.

Veterans List
    Behind the play hits to the head have to attract a suspension. This is the type of act the AFL said over the off season were going to be cracked down on, but as we know clear and fair decision making is thrown in the bin by the corrupt AFl to suit their own agenda.

If Hawkins gets off then it sets a benchmark going forward ........ unless over the off season the AFL has a crackdown on punches!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    In my opinion, I think hawkins's punch is more suspension worthy than Toby Greene's face rubs, so we will see the full extent of the Victorian media bias on display this week. I expect a "poor Tom" campaign.
    Personally I hope hawkins's gets a fine only as well.
    Hawkins will get rubbed out. Intentional, behind the play, high contact which left Schofield stunned. Barry Hall luckily got off in 2005 because the fact he was motioning for the ball to be kicked to him just before he whacked McGuire in the stomach, meant it was deemed to be in play. Hawkins has no such leg to stand on. Even the AFL can't spin a way around this one.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Behind the play hits to the head have to attract a suspension. This is the type of act the AFL said over the off season were going to be cracked down on, but as we know clear and fair decision making is thrown in the bin by the corrupt AFl to suit their own agenda.

If Hawkins gets off then it sets a benchmark going forward ........ unless over the off season the AFL has a crackdown on punches!
    Yep, the AFL will be cracking down on these punches to the head during the cricket season. No player will escape the wrath of the AFL
    whilst on the end-of-season trip to Hawaii. They've had enough, and it's time play hard ball against this thuggery.
    Last edited by KTigers; 14th September 2019 at 12:28 PM.

Veterans List
    Hawkins offered a week....interesting and correct. Lucky not to get two.

Veterans List
    Just watching the Storm v Raiders.....it's like watching the umpiring of the Swans in our league. Raiders getting everything....and the commentary's much the same.

The Storm are just the Swans of the NRL.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 14th September 2019 at 07:16 PM.

Veterans List
    Just watching the Storm v Raiders.....it's like watching the umpiring of the Swans in our league. Raiders getting everything....and the commentary's much the same.

Totally agree about the commentary. They couldn't control their excitement when the Raiders scored a try.

Senior Player
    If only we were that good.

Great atmosphere here at the Gabba. I've been asking around about Lewy Taylor. Nobody seems to know why he's not getting a game except it seems that Christenson might be keeping him out.

The crowd is booing every Giants shot for goal and cheering their misses.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast