Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Finals week 2 weekly discussion thread

Fantastic result. At long last the grub has got his just deserts.

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Take it further where?
    They will appeal on thursday.
    Hopefully held in Sydney.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    They will appeal on thursday.
    Hopefully held in Sydney.
    No fan of Greene but the tribunal chairman said that his record was totally irrelevant. The week to suspend him was the incident in the Bulldogs game. This week's incident is trivial in comparison. If they can appeal, he will get off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    No fan of Greene but the tribunal chairman said that his record was totally irrelevant. The week to suspend him was the incident in the Bulldogs game. This week's incident is trivial in comparison. If they can appeal, he will get off.
    Not sure about ex- players on the tribunal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure about ex- players on the tribunal.
    Will the Giants risk stirring up the vindictive nature of the AFL.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Greene getting off last week and suspended this week is a farce. Court of Victorian media public opinion.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Greene getting off last week is a farce. You're absolutely right about that.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Greene getting off last week is a farce. You're absolutely right about that.
    This week equally farcical

There needs to be repercussions if GW$ appeal. They’re rewarded if his one match ban gets over turned. He should get an extra week if it isn’t. GW$ should have to think long and hard about defending him rather than instantly allowing them to mount a hasty challenge.

There should also be equal repercusions against the MRP and tribunal if the appeal is successful. If U read the transcript, is almost impossible to see how he could be suspended.

Were you all such defenders of the tribunal back in 2005 final series.?

Veterans List
    I have to agree with Barry, Stellation, Bloods05 and Blood Fever.....he should have been suspended last week but this week is farcical. He is a grub but he shouldn't be banned on a two week accumulation of offences largely due to the howls from the heartland. I've never seen a player suspended for massaging an opponents face with his forearm.

If GWS take it to court/sport appeals tribunal, wherever......they will win and he will play.

There should also be equal repercusions against the MRP and tribunal if the appeal is successful.
    Respectfully disagree. The MRP are accountable for their decisions but there shouldn’t be “repercussions” per se, at least not as judged by the public. If the AFL believe that the MRP have erred, they can dismiss the MRP - just as the MRP are the judiciary for the players, so to are the AFL the judiciary for the MRP.

If U read the transcript, is almost impossible to see how he could be suspended.
    I’ve read it. As it transpired. All it told me that if he got a week this time, he should have got at least a week the first time.

Were you all such defenders of the tribunal back in 2005 final series.?
    while I can see your point, why on earth would any RWO member have wanted BBBH in 2005 or Dunks in 1996 to have been rubbed out?

We can be far more objective when it isn’t our players or going to compromise our team.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I have to agree with Barry, Stellation, Bloods05 and Blood Fever.....he should have been suspended last week but this week is farcical. He is a grub but he shouldn't be banned on a two week accumulation of offences largely due to the howls from the heartland. I've never seen a player suspended for massaging an opponents face with his forearm.

If GWS take it to court/sport appeals tribunal, wherever......they will win and he will play.
    It might not just be a 2 week “accumulation”. He was partly pardoned due to his “remorse” during the hearing. Immediately after, when asked if he would change his game style, the “remorseful” grub answers “we’ll see”. If that didn’t demonstrate his lack of regret, Greene gives the MRP the metaphorical finger the very next week by essentially repeating the action that he was so remorseful for just a week earlier.

18 tribunal citations at just 25 years of age. The guy has issues. He’s also lucky that he’s playing at a time where fines are more prevalent, as many of those fines might have previously been weeks

It does the AFL no favours that 2 ex Collingwood players were on the tribunal .

For a Admin so concerned about the optics, surely they could have found someone else