Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Finals week 2 weekly discussion thread

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I imagine Hawkins defence will be that it was a tummy punch but Schofield's was stumbling over with his head lower than expected. It's a plusable defence, and to be honest I hope he gets a fine and a suspended sentence.
    I'd call that a 'clutching at straws' defence.....but if it works, good luck to them. Let's face it, the MRP can be pretty stupid.

Veterans List
    Greene is a dirty little thug. I saw him twice going for the eyes/face of the lions players. After his "apology" last week you would think he would be careful but it is instinct for him. He deserves the suspension. I just saw the incident again and he wasn't even in the contest and he just climbs on top and goes straight for the eyes! Disgusting.

I was barracking hard for the lions because I didn't want either the pies or the giants making the grand final. Can this week be a nil all draw???

Senior Player
    Just remember he has only been found guilty of face rub, which countless players do every game of the year.
    Eye gouging has only come from the Vic media. No where else.

The booing of Greene was extreme at the Gabba, and will be twice as bad at the MCG.
    If you ask a hawthorn or north boo-er the difference between Goodes or Greene, they will say 'no difference'.

- - - Updated - - -

Chad Cornes summed it up perfectly.

- - - Updated - - -

I imagine Hawkins defence will be that it was a tummy punch but Schofield's was stumbling over with his head lower than expected. It's a plusable defence, and to be honest I hope he gets a fine and a suspended sentence.
    Hawkins belts a bloke in the head off the ball. Farcical if he gets to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Hawkins belts a bloke in the head off the ball. Farcical if he gets to play.
    Yeah it's a long shot. What happened to this rule where you were offered (say) a week, and if you appealed and lost, you got 2 weeks.?

Another mid season rule change?

Goes up to 11
    The AFL is fueling the anti-toby Greene vilification, the same way it allowed the same to Adam Goodes. He'll get booed heavily and, like Goodes, the booers will say it's because he's a dirty player, or a stager or whatever. But really they just hate GWS and non -victorians.
    Already they are claiming the umps are assisting them, yet they have lost the free kick count by 10 or so in each final.
    The Age actually reported the lions/GWS
    Kick the wrong way around to make GWS look bad.

This is all good and well, but the rule makes and adminstration are beholden to the Vic media.
    What an absolutely disgraceful comment. Referring to Goodesy in this way to make your flimsy point on this forum is downright pathetic. Shame on you.

No wonder I've been steering clear of RWO lately....

The AFL is fueling the anti-toby Greene vilification, the same way it allowed the same to Adam Goodes. He'll get booed heavily and, like Goodes, the booers will say it's because he's a dirty player, or a stager or whatever. But really they just hate GWS and non -victorians.
    Already they are claiming the umps are assisting them, yet they have lost the free kick count by 10 or so in each final.

This is all good and well, but the rule makes and adminstration are beholden to the Vic media.
    I don’t get it - pretty much everyone on here is sympathetic to Goodsey, many are actually Victorians, pretty much all are Swans supporters, and many don’t tolerate GW$ (& are unsympathetic toward Greene).
    I just don’t understand posts that repeatedly oppose the majority. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but posts like this one seem more fitting on a GW$ forum - or else are just baiting the majority on here

And with regards to Greene’s 1 week ban, if it’s challenged & found guilty, he SHOULD get an extra week - or an academy award, since his convincingly “remorseful” performance last week now seems somewhat disingenuous

And is Greene trying to set a record for the most reported player in AFL/VFL history?! He’s setting a cracking pace
    Last edited by 0918330512; 16th September 2019 at 12:48 AM.

Veterans List
    Dpey Greene at it again, a low class citizen on and off the field. Last weeks fine instead of a suspension was AFL interference at it's best, can't possibly not have the one week ban upheld after giving the finger to last weeks farce.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    I don’t get it - pretty much everyone on here is sympathetic to Goodsey, many are actually Victorians, pretty much all are Swans supporters, and many don’t tolerate GW$ (& are unsympathetic toward Greene).
    I just don’t understand posts that repeatedly oppose the majority. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but posts like this one seem more fitting on a GW$ forum - or else are just baiting the majority on here

And with regards to Greene’s 1 week ban, if it’s challenged & found guilty, he SHOULD get an extra week - or an academy award, since his convincingly “remorseful” performance last week now seems somewhat disingenuous

And is Greene trying to set a record for the most reported player in AFL/VFL history?! He’s setting a cracking pace
    If no one opposed the majority and the perceived orthodoxy, what a boring and docile place the world would be.

Barry, I disagree with your thoughts on this matter. Greene is a grub, plays in completely the worse manner and actually revels in his notoriety. He is someone who is not to be looked up to and actually enjoys being hated. Perhaps everyone should just not do anything when he gets the ball because he just feeds off the hatred of the opposition.
    Goodes was a legend. Best and fairest as a ruckman no less and premiership player. He was respected by team mates and opponents. He was only booed when he stood up against racism by people who have a pre conceived, racist idea that our indigenous players should just play footy and nothing else. Goodes was actually hurt by the booing because he cared what people thought of him, unlike Greene, who couldn't give a toss.
    Although there is a strong anti northerner bias in the Victorian media and I feel, the AFL in general, there is no comparison between the two and absolutely no anti - Sydney bias here. Greene is a grub, pure and simple, and deserves everything he gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Barry, I disagree with your thoughts on this matter. Greene is a grub, plays in completely the worse manner and actually revels in his notoriety.
    . Greene is a grub, pure and simple, and deserves everything he gets.
    My point is, this is exactly the same justifation the Vic's have about Goodes.

I bet you could find that exact quote somewhere in the archives of Bigfooty.

Senior Player
    Isn't this thread called "Finals Week 2 Discussion", and the Greene report occurred in Week 2, and GWS are still playing.
    So yes, some people will likely discuss it and them. Barry's opinion re TG is different from most people on this forum or
    on Big Footy, but he's entitled to it. If you don't want to discuss TG or GWS in the Finals threads, it's OK. Everything
    will be fine. There are often threads on here I'm not interested in. Mostly I don't even read them. I've managed to pull
    through without feeling the need to tell other people they should be talking about them elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    I don’t get it - pretty much everyone on here is ... Blah, blah
    I just don’t understand posts that .... oppose the majority.
    This could be the most childish post ever seen in RWO.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast