Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Finals week 2 weekly discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Lets change tack a little and get rid of all this moralising

What do you think the odds (rightly or wrongly) of the two suspensions being overturned. ?

I would say:
    Hawkins is a 40% chance of playing Friday night.
    Greene is a 90% chance of playing Saturday.
    Hawkins more like 20% for me , and that’s purely the finals factor that I think might save him. Greene will get off , he got off on worse last week and there’s no way you miss a prelim for that. That being said it looks ugly and it needs to be stamped out , but I think they will wait until the end of the season to address it in the rules. Same as his karate kicks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lets change tack a little and get rid of all this moralising.
    But first, define reverse fairness. It's a concept we're not familiar with outside Sydney.

Hawkins suspended.

Senior Player
    Hawkins suspended.
    Sanity prevails, for once.

Veterans List
    You are many things bloods, but Numero Uno, you are a proud Victorian.
    That's a convenient and parochial state based 'cheap shot' Barry.

I was born in NSW but have lived in Victoria since I was 4 so I consider myself a Victorian (and it's obviously the reason why I grew up playing and following Aussie Rules)....but besides being proud to live here, I'm certainly not proud of my Vic based national footy league and I don't protect my state or the unintelligent bogans that live here just for the sake of it. I would say this would go for Blood05 as well.

I would think most on here who have a differing opinion to yourself, base it on intelligence and values, not on their geography. You should try it.....

Veterans List
    MCG is 'Neutral' for a grand final apparently.
    I suggest Spotless as it probably the easiest/cheapest to arrange at short notice, and probably fairest to reduced Toby's (the real victim here) travel schedule.
    That's right up there with......'the 13 year old girl was the victim'......

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    When you slow it down, grubbygreene looks like he "tried" to rub the other bloke's eyes out.
    When looked at from another angle, he arrived late, and deliberately put his hand into the other player's face.
    F-ing little grub.
    Suspension should stand.

Watch the frame-by-frame vision that could hurt Toby's case - AFL.com.au
    At most that shows him likely just trying to ruffle the hair of the guy on the bottom of the pack, which is pretty common.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    That's a convenient and parochial state based 'cheap shot' Barry.

I was born in NSW but have lived in Victoria since I was 4 so I consider myself a Victorian (and it's obviously the reason why I grew up playing and following Aussie Rules)....but besides being proud to live here, I'm certainly not proud of my Vic based national footy league and I don't protect my state or the unintelligent bogans that live here just for the sake of it. I would say this would go for Blood05 as well.

I would think most on here who have a differing opinion to yourself, base it on intelligence and values, not on their geography. You should try it.....
    Well said Stevo .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suspect it is the arriving late with the intent to drive his hand at the players face that puts him in a very difficult position

Can anyone remember Luke Parker or George Hewett ever doing something similar ?

No

They tackle

They don’t drive their hands in late at a players face

You would imagine the respective coaches would include in their pre game RANT, in their loudest angriest tone :
    Play hard but Do NOT come off the ground on report for an act that will rub you out for one of the biggest games of your career next week !
    We want a full list to pick from after this game.
    You are under detailed video surveillance.
    So don’t be a dickhead and dog our team.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    At most that shows him likely just trying to ruffle the hair of the guy on the bottom of the pack, which is pretty common.
    Maybe, but he was not even in the play; he specifically approached Neale to jump over and scrape his hand over Neale's face. I don't think it's a coincidence that Neale is one of their best players, as with Bontempelli. It sort of defies belief that after last week he would do it again. It's almost as though he has a compulsion.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast