Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Finals week 2 weekly discussion thread

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That was a great game, both teams would have been very deserving winners. Outstanding defensive effort by the Giants to hold on.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    The rule makes no reference to the injured player being on the ground. The Giants are a thuggish, bullying team.
    I can see your bias is fogging your glasses. Step back and imagine the swans were umpired like that.
    Ryan should not umpire another game this year. In fact, probably none of them should.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The rule makes no reference to the injured player being on the ground. The Giants are a thuggish, bullying team.
    I think the intent of that is specifically referring to a player who has just been injured/is being treated for an injury, not to one who was injured earlier in the game and elected to come back on (and seemed fine to throw his body around). Interpretations aside, the actions didn't really seem all that harsh from Kennedy to me.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Best game I've seen for a while. Have GWS finally come of age?

Couldn’t stand Toby Greene’s or Heath Shaw’s postmatch interviews. Phil Davis was ok. Couldn’t agree more with your sentiments about GW$’s game style. You could throw arrogant in there too

Their Impressive defensive intercepts were awesome. Very composed.

I hope GWS lawyer-up and take the match review process to the cleaners.

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Couldn’t stand Toby Greene’s or Heath Shaw’s postmatch interviews. Phil Davis was ok. Couldn’t agree more with your sentiments about GW$’s game style. You could throw arrogant in there too
    For once I'll be rooting for the Pies. GWS are a blight on the game.

The AFL is fueling the anti-toby Greene vilification, the same way it allowed the same to Adam Goodes. He'll get booed heavily and, like Goodes, the booers will say it's because he's a dirty player, or a stager or whatever. But really they just hate GWS and non -victorians.
    Already they are claiming the umps are assisting them, yet they have lost the free kick count by 10 or so in each final.
    The Age actually reported the lions/GWS
    Kick the wrong way around to make GWS look bad.

This is all good and well, but the rule makes and adminstration are beholden to the Vic media.

Baz , his karate kick antics in the final last year ( which OUR players were on the receiving end of if you remember , though I understand your loyalties are split ) were a horrible look for the game . And now two weeks in a row , after facing the tribunal once already , has found himself again putting his hands in and around the face of a defenceless player on the bottom of a pack. Again, it’s a horrible look for the game ! This is why he will probably be suspended ( and if he challengers he may even get off to be honest ). He’s a fantastic player , and nothing wrong with in your face aggression , just not studs in your face / hands in and around the eyes and face aggression. Don’t try to turn this in into a conspiracy, it’s idiotic .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Baz , his karate kick antics in the final last year ( which OUR players were on the receiving end of if you remember , though I understand your loyalties are split ) were a horrible look for the game . And now two weeks in a row , after facing the tribunal once already , has found himself again putting his hands in and around the face of a defenceless player on the bottom of a pack. Again, it’s a horrible look for the game ! This is why he will probably be suspended ( and if he challengers he may even get off to be honest ). He’s a fantastic player , and nothing wrong with in your face aggression , just not studs in your face / hands in and around the eyes and face aggression. Don’t try to turn this in into a conspiracy, it’s idiotic .
    +1

Like Tom Hawkins, he's just a very silly boy.....and may pay the price (pending appeal).

Just remember he has only been found guilty of face rub, which countless players do every game of the year.
    Eye gouging has only come from the Vic media. No where else.

The booing of Greene was extreme at the Gabba, and will be twice as bad at the MCG.
    If you ask a hawthorn or north boo-er the difference between Goodes or Greene, they will say 'no difference'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Just remember he has only been found guilty of face rub, which countless players do every game of the year.
    Eye gouging has only come from the Vic media. No where else.

The booing of Greene was extreme at the Gabba, and will be twice as bad at the MCG.
    If you ask a hawthorn or north boo-er the difference between Goodes or Greene, they will say 'no difference'.
    Chad Cornes summed it up perfectly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    +1

Like Tom Hawkins, he's just a very silly boy.....and may pay the price (pending appeal).
    I imagine Hawkins defence will be that it was a tummy punch but Schofield's was stumbling over with his head lower than expected. It's a plusable defence, and to be honest I hope he gets a fine and a suspended sentence.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast