Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Club Champion

2019 Club Champion

I'm soooooooo happy I got a ticket this year.

Predictions??

I'm tipping Aliir.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

I'm off to the B&F tonight as well. Should be a cracker!

Rampe is my tip. Can't see anyone getting near him.

I think Rampe will win.

1. Rampe
    2. Parker
    3. Heeney
    4. Hewett
    5. Lloyd
    6. Papley
    7. Aliir
    8. Kennedy
    9. Reid
    10. Jones
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

My 10 would be:

1. Rampe
    2. Heeney
    3. Lloyd
    4. Dawson
    5. Parker
    6. Aliir
    7. Papley
    8. Mills
    9. Kennedy
    10. Hewett

Warming the Bench
    Rampe for mine

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    Rampe for mine
    Rampe
    Mills
    Hewitt
    Parker

Veterans List
    I'm off to the event tonight and look forward to seeing a few others from here there.

Veteran Site Admin
    I reckon it will be neck and neck between Rampe and Parker for the top award. I'd like Rampe to win it, but the coaches - in recent seasons at least - have been a bit stingy with their recognition of the defenders, even though it's been our best and most consistently performed section of the ground.

So to be contrary to other predictions, I'll go Parker to win, with Rampe as runner up.

Lloyd will probably come 3rd. I don't rate him as the 3rd most important player to the side, but the coaches love his contributions, and he was ultra-consistent again this year. I can't think of anyone else who will top him.

Papley to come 4th. He had a great season, providing lots of energy and leading the goal scoring.

After that, I reckon you can through a blanket over a group of players who played most games (since the voting system rewards those who didn't miss many games) and are generally still youngish and developing - most of our players are still young and developing. They each played some excellent games, and some not so excellent games. The rest of the top 10 to comprise: Heeney, Mills, Hewett, Aliir, Florent, Dawson - in approximately that order. JPK could just sneak in there. He missed three games and had a few other quiet ones by his standards, but might just get enough recognition to push out one of the young'uns.

Most improved - you could make a case for Aliir or Florent, but I'm going to plump for Papley. If he's told the club he wants out, on the other hand, I'll nominate Florent.

Best young player - every year I fail to remember whether the Swans apply the same age criteria to their RS player as the AFL does, or whether it's purely a <10 games qualification. If there is no age limit, Dawson was the stand-out contributor who had played fewer than 10 games at the start of the season. On the other hand, Blakey did wonderfully well for a first year player. If there's no age limit, I'm going to stick my neck out and predict that they'll award it jointly to both Dawson and Blakey. If there is an age limit, clearly it has to be Blakey.

Players' player - Rampe. Even if the coaches downgrade his contributions (for being a defender) I don't think the players will. He'll get their nod.

Veterans List
    Looking forward to reading everyone's descriptions of the night.

There have been no announcements of delistings or trade requests yet so I wonder if there will be any mention tonight.

Rampe to win - Dawson most improved surely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warming the Bench
    is anyone getting the live feed
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    is anyone getting the live feed
    I have been. I think they are on a break at the moment (serving and eating food), which is why nothing is streaming right now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast