Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tiger V Giant$ Who are you supporting on GF day, and reasons

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    If I were Eddie, I'd be spewing.
    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/afl/afl...22-p52tqb.html
    It seems the score review people gifted GW$ their granny.
    Other way round Annie, Pies were given a goal for a touched off the boot by a GW$ player. The review system is still a joke, even at home we could see Keefe's finger get bent back by the ball, how couldn't the Bunker see that?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    They had concessions as a start up club which had to be, otherwise how would they possibly be remotely competitive, and they were poor in their first years. They were drafting kids who were never going go to be up and running as a team for a few years. The rest of the comp voted for their start up and then the southern states proceeded to whinge (Collingwood in particular) and then poaching players. It must have been sweet indeed for GWS when they beat Collingwood after they cherry picked 3 of their best players.
    It's great isn't it. Everyone has their hand out for a chunk of the money from the increased broadcast rights money that comes with
    (more of a) national comp and more games, but has a meltdown when one of the new teams has the temerity to actually be quite
    good, whilst trying to convince the new team's players to "come home".

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    No one.
    Manufactured team. Manufactured granny.
    You'll love this Annie

There’s a big big sound
    From a boardroom in town
    It’s the creation of the AFL Giants

You feel the deals a makin’
    As Tassie heads are shakin’
    Wondering why the Bloody Giants

We get the biggest salary
    And the highest picks
    We’re given much more than the rest

We’re the AFL owned Sydney GIANTS
    We’re more privileged than the rest.

And we will never surrender
    Our corporate ownership
    We’re born from a focus group.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    You'll love this Annie

There’s a big big sound
    From a boardroom in town
    It’s the creation of the AFL Giants

You feel the deals a makin’
    As Tassie heads are shakin’
    Wondering why the Bloody Giants

We get the biggest salary
    And the highest picks
    We’re given much more than the rest

We’re the AFL owned Sydney GIANTS
    We’re more privileged than the rest.

And we will never surrender
    Our corporate ownership
    We’re born from a focus group.
    So do I. It's farcical to portray this club as more "local" than the Swans. They were conceived, planned, funded and executed from Melbourne, and they sometimes pretend to be from Canberra. We chose to move to Sydney.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I'll probably be happy with a Giants win.
    I don't like the way Richmond play with the constant punching of the ball.
    I think the theatre of a Giants win, with Greene winning the Norm Smith after taking someone out (Dusty? ) legally (or not), would be entertaining to watch.
    Imagine the sound of a couple of thousand Giants fans cheering a win over +95k suddenly miserable Tiggers supporters.

I don't think any of this will happen as the last few weeks will have taken too much out of the legs of GWS and it'll be all over 20 minutes into the second quarter.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Giants.

And Gill will tell the Tigers they can't have everything.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

My head reckons Tigers will prevail, but who would have thought GIANTS would even be in a Granny a month ago.
    I get some of you and your antipathy for the GIANTS, however I like em, particularly after the 33 point advantage became just 56-52 and the Pies had all (or most) of the ball, the momentum, 70,000 fans yellin, the unfamiliar ground, sleeping away from home, the injuries, the pre-determined suspension, the exhaustion.... yet willed the win .
    There’s some cool backstories amongst their group, players rejecting millions more elsewhere.
    Two teams in Sydney, 9 plus 1 in Melbourne, I don’t mind it a bit.
    I love it when any team outside Melbourne wins the Premiership.
    Tick GIANTS for me, and thanks for asking.

I in the anti giants camp, always will be. I literally cheer for anyone playing against them, even Collingwood!

I understand the argument that a new team needs a few concessions but 100mil + from AFL, local, state and federal governments, as well as all the draft concessions was just too much.

Then they moved 30km east into Olympic Park because people in actual western Sydney couldn't care less about this team. They are effectively an inner west team, so far removed from their actual name and intended home. Just smacks of fake to me. Bet you none of the players, staff or board would've set foot in Rooty Hill or Blacktown, yet alone know where they are. They've just moved into swans territory, piggy backing on all our hard work, as opposed to spreading the gospel out west.

Then throw in their thuggish playing style, excusing their dirty play due to the fact they "play on the edge", I just can't stand them.

Go Tigers!

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Giants. Just for the sake of the sport.

We're going to the GF, ironically I would have preferred a Tigers/Pies GF for the atmosphere. So I don't care that much about a Giants win.

Not to be.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Richmond. I like the harem scarem, fast break footy that they play. And if the Giants win, there will probably be some sort of unhinged attack on the northern academies; which will end up hurting us as well.

Senior Player
    Richmond.

I've had an antipathy towards the Giants develop from their thuggish and arrogant on-field behaviour. Greene, Mumford and Cameron in particular. Others like Whitfield bug me inexplicably.

I've also been kind of annoyed by the AFL's self-interested promotion of, and assistance to them, while irrationally penalising the Swans. I am also a bit nonplussed by their adult Sydney-based fans - why weren't they already Swans fans?!

I've warmed to them a little bit, begrudgingly. I cheered against them on Saturday but was impressed by their guts. Also, they have some respectable senior players. Phil Davis, Coniglio, Ward.

But not enough to cheer them on... ever I suspect. I guess I have bought into the rivalry - cheers Toby Greene.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Can't believe I'm saying this, but Giants for me.
    I love a first. And being able to hear crickets chirping 30 seconds after the final siren blows at a VFL/AFL Grand Final will be a first.
    I absolutely loathe the Giants. They are a plastic farce. But I loathe the AFL administration even more. Let the blood-sucking merchant bankers and captains of industry who have slowly but surely turned the VFL/AFL from a passionate sport into a soulless commercial endeavour (yes I'm looking at you Fitzpatrick, you @#$%face) bask in the golden view of all 8 genuine Giants supporters in the known universe revelling in victory while 99,950 seats stand empty around them in the colosseum that is footy's beating heart. Let them enjoy the electric atmosphere of 3 people throwing ticker tape and confetti at them as they enjoy their parade through the streets of Lakemba (ho ho, like that would happen) the following Monday.
    Reap what you have sown you venal, money-obsessed parasites.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast