Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tiger V Giant$ Who are you supporting on GF day, and reasons

Tiger V Giant$ Who are you supporting on GF day, and reasons

So its down to Tigers V Giants.

I can't bring myself to support the Giants, yes I know it would be good for AFL in NSW and all that but this is a club competition and the Giants Club is what I don't like.

They are a bunch of pretentious self entitled upstarts, and that's just their supporters.

The club constantly spouts the line that they are about putting football on the map in NSW, and are totally disrespectful of what the Swans have endured and put up with since moving from Melbourne. Ignoring what Sydney have done in NSW to grow the AFL brand.

The only time they get a crowd is when they play us, and they charge our fans a fortune for turning up. I will never support them at all.

Same as I will never support Richmond. My hatred for them goes all the way back to the 1970's. So this week I'm a huge NRL fan.

I do believe it will be a boring GF, Richmond by about 15 goals.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    So its down to Tigers V Giants.

I can't bring myself to support the Giants, yes I know it would be good for AFL in NSW and all that but this is a club competition and the Giants Club is what I don't like.

They are a bunch of pretentious self entitled upstarts, and that's just their supporters.

The club constantly spouts the line that they are about putting football on the map in NSW, and are totally disrespectful of what the Swans have endured and put up with since moving from Melbourne. Ignoring what Sydney have done in NSW to grow the AFL brand.

The only time they get a crowd is when they play us, and they charge our fans a fortune for turning up. I will never support them at all.

Same as I will never support Richmond. My hatred for them goes all the way back to the 1970's. So this week I'm a huge NRL fan.

I do believe it will be a boring GF, Richmond by about 15 goals.
    Barracked furiously for Giants v pies. This week feel quite detached to be honest.

Senior Player
    My better half is quite fond of the Tigers - Dusty in particular - so I'll have to go Giants, just for a bit of fun. I have little to no emotional investment in it (though maybe more than last year), so I'm just hoping for a good entertaining contest.

Just browsing the Ticketek website and noticed there are PDFs for download with the results of the GF members ballots. If I did my maths right there were less than 900 GWS customers. In fact they didn't even have a link for unsuccessful members. I've really no idea how that translates to how many supporters will turn up, but thought it was interesting.

Tiger V Giant$ Who are you supporting on GF day, and reasons

I don’t think I want a potential Richmond premiership dynasty to deal with , and the ensuing carry on that follows ( it’s still flowing on from 2017 ..) , so its the Giants for me .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the Rookie List
    GWS. Good for footy in Sydney which will have benefits for us as well.

Warming the Bench
    I've never liked Richmond so i'm barracking for the Giants.

1) I always want to see a non-Victorian team in the GF
    2) So glad Collingwood got beat.
    3) If the AFL is ever going to address the Vic-centric bias we need more interstate teams in the GF. Last year the WCE, this year the GWS.
    4) GWS did get lots of draft concessions and high draft picks but they've lost a lot of them; Treloar, Taylor Adams, Hoskin-Elliot, Shiel, Rory Lobb, etc.

Go Giants - it's good for footy.

Veterans List
    GWS for me. As per my post on the Player/Draft thread the go home factor from the northern clubs has my blood boiling. I hope Lynch doesn't get a touch and reckon Davis will pick him up. I don't particularly dislike Richmond but admire how GWS has stayed competitive with all the pressure on many of their players to defect.

No one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    GWS for me. As per my post on the Player/Draft thread the go home factor from the northern clubs has my blood boiling. I hope Lynch doesn't get a touch and reckon Davis will pick him up. I don't particularly dislike Richmond but admire how GWS has stayed competitive with all the pressure on many of their players to defect.
    When they trade the want aways out, they often have good currency in return. And they had more first round picks in their first few years thank Sydney have had since drafting began. No need to feel too sorry for them. I have more sympathy for Freo who have done it the hard way, without ultimate success

No one.
    Manufactured team. Manufactured granny.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    When they trade the want aways out, they often have good currency in return. And they had more first round picks in their first few years thank Sydney have had since drafting began. No need to feel too sorry for them. I have more sympathy for Freo who have done it the hard way, without ultimate success
    They had concessions as a start up club which had to be, otherwise how would they possibly be remotely competitive, and they were poor in their first years. They were drafting kids who were never going go to be up and running as a team for a few years. The rest of the comp voted for their start up and then the southern states proceeded to whinge (Collingwood in particular) and then poaching players. It must have been sweet indeed for GWS when they beat Collingwood after they cherry picked 3 of their best players.

If I were Eddie, I'd be spewing.
    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/afl/afl...22-p52tqb.html
    It seems the score review people gifted GW$ their granny.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast