Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: AFL Grand Final Week Discussion Thread

Senior Player
    Yes, there is the possibility of course that Gerard Healy's Ferrari that he says has turned into a Mack truck this finals series could
    morph yet again into some kind of Ferrari/truck hybrid and completely destroy the Tiggers. No one knows of course.
    I'd be surprised if GWS didn't go after the Richmond new guy Pickett. Almost 70 years since someone has done what he has
    done.
    BTW, I thought there was an agreement the 2014 GF should never be mentioned on RWO.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Yes, there is the possibility of course that Gerard Healy's Ferrari that he says has turned into a Mack truck this finals series could
    morph yet again into some kind of Ferrari/truck hybrid and completely destroy the Tiggers. No one knows of course.
    I'd be surprised if GWS didn't go after the Richmond new guy Pickett. Almost 70 years since someone has done what he has
    done.
    BTW, I thought there was an agreement the 2014 GF should never be mentioned on RWO.
    In isolation perhaps, but I did balance it out with mention of the marvellous 2012 victory ...Let me off with a warning ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    In isolation perhaps, but I did balance it out with mention of the marvellous 2012 victory ...Let me off with a warning ?

Fair enough. I mean if someone had said to you in 2011, that in the next three years you'll win one GF and lose one, you'd
    take it in a heartbeat. They are really bloody hard to win.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Fair enough. I mean if someone had said to you in 2011, that in the next three years you'll win one GF and lose one, you'd
    take it in a heartbeat. They are really bloody hard to win.
    Bloody oath , and another reason I don’t want the tigers to win another one so soon after 2017 !

Is it over yet?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Let's have a "how unlucky is Brett Deledio" then.

Missed by that much: Deledio's grand final agony
    Thanks for adding this .
    Greg Baum is such a lucid journo.....
    That’s an absolute Gut-wrencher for Delidio.
    And sort of an omen
    That the Giants will win .

Senior Player
    Mrs Tigers brought this up when we were out at Homebush watching the EF against the Bulldogs ; why is the female Giants mascot
    so much smaller than the male one? She has a point. Shouldn't they be equal size? I mean GWS have a womens footy team and a
    netball team. But the female mascot is not any bigger than a regular person. It's very odd and not a good look on the biggest stage in
    footy. I don't mind GWS, but this is a bit much I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Both great stories!

Debuting in a GF is very rare, unsurprisingly. Here's everyone who'd done it to date. Links to their Wikipedia entries, some are quite entertaining. I regret to inform that the Billy James foot shooting was post-footy career.
    I'll take your word for it neilfws. I don't know when Billy James' playing career ended and you're generally very reliable. The info I saw said he played in flags 1920 (with Richmond) and 1919, 1921, 1922 (with Kyabram) and that the shooting incident in January 1925 "dropped the curtain on his playing days with Kyabram" (barring him filling in for one final in 1928): Legendary Grand Final story shot down as myth - AFL.com.au.

The thing I love is, what a career: 1 game, 1 flag, 1 premiership sealing goal! Short and sweet!

Senior Player
    James Rowbottom running in the GF sprint. Grand Final sprint runners named: your club could still be a winner - Grand Final Sprint runners revealed: Who is racing from your club? - AFL.com.au

Instagram suggests a number of players who could have run are in Germany at the moment.

Is Rowbottom quick?

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Is Rowbottom quick?
    Probably the only one who isn't on an overseas trip!

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Have been out and about in the Melbourne CBD entertaining my partners mum and her friends from NZ. A decent amount of the orange army in town enjoying themselves ! Kinda nice to see !

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast