Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Essendon PED saga

Veterans List

Essendon PED saga

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Or inject some experimental peptides.
    Funny you should mention that. It has come to light that the peptide that Essendon were caught giving their players was only added to the banned list the day before the Bombers self reported it's use. WT actual F?!

If this is true, they have been unnecessarily crucified. The AFL should apologise to them for putting them through the ringer for years to make themselves look good.....which they failed at anyway.

As much as I hate Essenscum, It seems they were right royally shafted.....

.....but this post is probably for another thread.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Funny you should mention that. It has come to light that the peptide that Essendon were caught giving their players was only added to the banned list the day before the Bombers self reported it's use. WT actual F?!

If this is true, they have been unnecessarily crucified. The AFL should apologise to them for putting them through the ringer for years to make themselves look good.....which they failed at anyway.

Maybe having an injection program when you don't even know what the drugs are or their possible side effects is worse than just using a known but soon to be illegal drug. Gross lack of care is what was committed, got what they deserved.

Senior Player

Not so , according to ASADA response, something you won't find in many News Ltd papers.

Essendon PED saga

I think you should update your reading on this non/misleading piece of reporting.
    Last edited by Meg; 16th October 2019 at 06:00 PM.

Senior Player

You should probably read the article before going off half cocked.

The substance was listed as banned by WADA, but ASADA hadn't caught up with their paperwork. A simple check of the prohibited substances list on the WADA website would've shown that it was a banned substance.

Nothing to see

They were banned based on the WADA list.
    This is just a fluff piece to ease the pain of losing daniher

Veteran Site Admin
    I find it weird that, after spending several years reporting on the saga back when it happened, there remains even a single AFL "journalist" who doesn't understand how the WADA prohibited substances information is structured.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I find it weird that, after spending several years reporting on the saga back when it happened, there remains even a single AFL "journalist" who doesn't understand how the WADA prohibited substances information is structured.
    News Limited enemy of Pro Labor AFL. Facts don't matter, just malice.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    You wouldn't think it would be that tough to understand.

But the average IQ ain't high in this space imho either.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I've always felt that there was a cover up at Essendon. You can't tell me that the Club implemented a comprehensive supplements regime for its players including multiple injections yet it apparently has no record of what they wre injected with? Records were destroyed to cover up the scandal. To me that's the great untold story on this saga.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    To me that's the great untold story on this saga.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    It's one of them. I reckon there are a few.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    You wouldn't think it would be that tough to understand.

But the average IQ ain't high in this space imho either.
    I think the major issue for the "football media community" would be that understanding it may involve reading more than a
    paragraph. As the great Australian literary figure Elle McPherson once said when asked what was her favourite book, "I only
    read things I have written myself".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast