Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SCG to host 2020 and 2021 NRL grand finals

SCG to host 2020 and 2021 NRL grand finals

Interesting choice!

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Interesting choice!
    Oh great .

Cricket NSW has just moved this week’s Sheffield Shield match from SCG because ground around the pitch planned to be used hasn’t recovered sufficiently from the Roosters practising there before the GF. So if the actual GF is played there next year recovery will probably take even longer.

I was planning to go to this SS match, and while the shift to Drummoyne is not far away it is less convenient as I can walk to SCG - plus there is a special vibe to cricket at the SCG.

Happy and I know it
    Well it's not like they have much choice in Sydney.

Veteran Site Admin
    Does this indicate the development of Telstra Stadium (or Homebush, or Stad d'Oz, or whatever it's called nowadays) is going ahead? I thought that had been abandoned.

Happy and I know it
    I heard on the tv news that ANZ should be finished in 2023. I wasn't aware there was a business case for it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    I heard on the tv news that ANZ should be finished in 2023. I wasn't aware there was a business case for it yet?
    I think the business case just took a big hit.

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Detailed plans went out a few months back if I remember correctly. NSW doesn't seem to worry about 'business cases' stacking up for stadiums under the current government.

Amazed the NRL didn't use the opportunity to take the grand final on tour. Would of got a lot of money from QLD for one, and surely Perth would likewise have stumped up big time for another. Given the likely delays in ANZ's redevelopment, maybe 2022 and 2023 might tour if the ground isn't ready.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    So with ANZ stadium gone does that mean more rugby games will be played at the SCG during the year? Why don't they wait until that other stadium next to the SCG is finished before they start on ANZ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    So with ANZ stadium gone does that mean more rugby games will be played at the SCG during the year? Why don't they wait until that other stadium next to the SCG is finished before they start on ANZ?
    I doubt it'll be many more games Mel. I expect the teams that currently play out of ANZ (Bulldogs and Souths) will play most of their home games for the couple of seasons at Bankwest Stadium in Parramatta, rather than the SCG.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Seriously, the sooner the NRL get there venue house in order, the better.....then they can just leave our ground alone. FFS, they're no better than the AFL when it comes organising simple solutions to simple tasks.

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Seriously, the sooner the NRL get there venue house in order, the better.....then they can just leave our ground alone. FFS, they're no better than the AFL when it comes organising simple solutions to simple tasks.
    It's the Sydney Cricket Ground Trust that manages the football stadium next door to the SCG that put a lot of pressure on the NSW government to do the redevelopment of that stadium.

Why the government thinks it's a good idea to do it and ANZ stadium at the same time is a mystery to me. Staggering it would have been more sensible.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    You're sounding like James from Jolimont.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast