Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: swans trajectory 2020 ?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    We showed in 2012 you don’t need a dominant KPF to win it. Sam Reid at 20 years age I think was ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Goodesy played KPF as well in 2012, especially in finals.

We showed in 2012 you don’t need a dominant KPF to win it. Sam Reid at 20 years age I think was ours.

I hope you are not suggesting that LRT was not a dominant KPF. ???

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Goodesy played KPF as well in 2012, especially in finals.
    You are right , the point is though we had makeshift forward mix , not one built around a dominant KPF.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I hope you are not suggesting that LRT was not a dominant KPF. ???
    Well he was never known as a KPF (as he was a KPD).....so I guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    For the record, we went 2-5 in close games (under 2 goals) this year. Close games are generally a toss of the coin, so I don't think we'll pick up more than 1 or 2 wins from close games next year.

Round 8 Sydney v Essendon 5pts
    Round 9 North Melbourne v Sydney 5pts
    Round 10 Sydney v Collingwood 7pts
    Round 16 Essendon v Sydney 10pts
    Round 17 Sydney v Carlton 7pts
    Round 18 Fremantle v Sydney 1pt
    Round 19 GWS v Sydney 2pts

I'm with the "pass mark = 10 wins with steady improvement" camp. I don't expect us to play finals next year, and I think the pressure to constantly play finals can leave a team in "limbo", like what's happened with Geelong and to a certain extent the Swans recently. I definitely want to see some midfielders coming through next year though, otherwise I think we are in deep trouble.
    Steady, organic growth, without major injuries to key players. Our midfield options look a lot better and with the draft picks will be further strengthened.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Well he was never known as a KPF (as he was a KPD).....so I guess not.
    LRT was huge in that 2012 final series as he was in 2005 GF. Played predominantly forward in 2012 final series but defended desperately in last quarter of GF. Also laid a memorable tackle on Luke Hodge that set the tone for the day. Very fine courageous player with an awkward but highly effective style.

LRT was huge in that 2012 final series as he was in 2005 GF. Played predominantly forward in 2012 final series but defended desperately in last quarter of GF. Also laid a memorable tackle on Luke Hodge that set the tone for the day. Very fine courageous player with an awkward but highly effective style.
    He kicked 2 goals in the prelim against the Pies, if My memory serves me right he played a very good game down back in the QF against the crows though. Bringing back memories . What a season that was !

He certainly was a man to step up to the plate in finals - as awkward and ungainly as he was, he was a highly effective player at his best, and always did his role for the team. One of those players that squeezed out every bit of talent he had and then some - most certainly not a player to say didn't give his all and could of been 'so much more'.

Up there in my favourite swans players of all time. Truly was enormous in the '05 decider too. And a lovely gent off the field too - I'd love to have an LRT or two to slot into the current team.

I wonder how his post-footy life is treating him - well I hope!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

He kicked 2 goals in the prelim against the Pies, if My memory serves me right he played a very good game down back in the QF against the crows though. Bringing back memories . What a season that was !

I must sit and watch the 2012 DVDs again - so many fond memories from that year. So many damn fine wins along the way, but the day I remember the most funnily enough was the loss to Hawthorn late in the season at the SCG. That was the day I truly believed we could win the flag - I remember turning to my mate on the way out and saying we could win the flag, and that it would be us and the Hawks on the last day in September. I am rarely right with my predictions, but I was that year.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Im more optimistic I predict 12-13 wins, many games we lost our team balance was off, dont underestimate the impact of losing Sinclair in ruck but also resting as a FWD.
    If you add Sinclair and Buddy, Allir back to defense bring in a second ruck and the team balance already looks better. Reid suddenly is second tall a role he performs much better, Hayward also comes back in so we start to look better in regards to balance & depth. If I try to build a team for 2020 and and we dont have early injuries, spots become tight and on paper looks pretty good but injuries can impact results - my guess 12 - 13 wins

Naismith Parker Taylor

Lloyd Rampe Allir
    Mills McCartin O'Riordan
    Florent Kennedy Dawson
    Hayward Reid Heeney
    Papley Franklin Blakey

Sinclair Cunningham Robottom Hewett
    Melican Ronke Fox Stoddart Thurlow Clark Menzel McInerney Bell Mclean

Cheers

waz

Crunching tackle and got the free kick. Such a shame that he missed the easy shot at goal - that would have made it perfect.

I particularly remember one of his goals against the pies - Morton went up to for a big contest for the mark, the ball spilled to the front and LRT swooped on the crumb and kicked it straight through. I thought...not the way I would have imagined it, but whatever works!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Crunching tackle and got the free kick. Such a shame that he missed the easy shot at goal - that would have made it perfect.

I particularly remember one of his goals against the pies - Morton went up to for a big contest for the mark, the ball spilled to the front and LRT swooped on the crumb and kicked it straight through. I thought...not the way I would have imagined it, but whatever works!
    Remember that goal- last quarter- just forward of the wing- ran and kicked it from a fair way out with no one between him and the goal- the absolute sealer! Beating Pies that night almost the equal of the flag. They had owned us for years.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast