Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 72 of 92

Thread: Best 22 for 2020

  1. #61
    If Gould slots into the backline by some stage in 2020 season what does that mean for McCartins role in 2020 for a Snr team top heavy with forward talls ?

    are we going to see Reid play 40% ruck ? and McCartin only a forward if injuries are minimal ?
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 3rd December 2019 at 08:47 AM.
    "everybody loves somebody..........sometimes"


  2. #62
    Veterans List
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Crowland :-(
    Posts
    4,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    If Gould mean that we dont need McCartin sliding down back by some stage in 2020 season what does that mean for McCartins role in 2020 for the Snr team top heavy with forward talls ?
    Reid & Buddy FF/CHF, McCartin is the rotation. Blakey is not a "tall" nor will he be stationed as a KPF. If Naismith is fit I'm not sure of Sinkers role. overstocked on quality KPF, rarely happens :-) Also, not sure how we fit Joe D in for 2021!

  3. #63
    it is making we wonder if Mills could come from being a midfielder and start in his first season at the Swans as a HBF / tagging role could Gould do the same but even better given his experience as a HBF playing already for Norwood Snrs

    ie Gould not play tall but rather play on players same height through to mid talls and play more as a HBF?

    we all know that most players when they come into Snrs are given more defensive roles to forge this ability for themself and the team but also simplify the task at hand when suddenly being thrown into Snr AFL against great players/coaches who can make life hell

    Dawson going down the left as a HBF and Gould zipping down the right as a HBF looks pretty exciting.......a SA revolution........with Lloyd and AA linking to these to SA boys outside run and deft kicking
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 3rd December 2019 at 09:43 AM.
    "everybody loves somebody..........sometimes"


  4. #64
    Warming the Bench
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    keysborough
    Posts
    442
    A few people on here are talking about Gould coming into the team, which I think is a very good chance at sometime this next season, but I think the player with the best chance to play early is the number 5 pick Stephens.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    A few people on here are talking about Gould coming into the team, which I think is a very good chance at sometime this next season, but I think the player with the best chance to play early is the number 5 pick Stephens.
    I agree, Bexl.

    Conversely I struggle to see Gould being used primarily in a tagging role, partly because his offensive game is his great strength, and partly because his weakness currently is his tank. He himself says in the interview on the website since he arrived that that his tank is what he's going to be working on.

  6. #66
    Veterans List
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Castlemaine, Vic.
    Posts
    4,215
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I agree, Bexl.

    Conversely I struggle to see Gould being used primarily in a tagging role, partly because his offensive game is his great strength, and partly because his weakness currently is his tank. He himself says in the interview on the website since he arrived that that his tank is what he's going to be working on.
    I agree with this. I want to see him playing for us exactly the same as in his highlights package.....turning defence into attack.

  7. #67
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Sydney South
    Posts
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I agree with this. I want to see him playing for us exactly the same as in his highlights package.....turning defence into attack.
    I agree. I think he will take Jones place but better. Different body shape completely so a better defender. The same creative running out of defence but with better skills and decision making

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    I agree. I think he will take Jones place but better. Different body shape completely so a better defender. The same creative running out of defence but with better skills and decision making
    And hopefully he isn't caught holding the ball a.dozen times per match!

  9. #69
    Gould will be given a 2nd or 3rd tall forward, and instructed to spoil, smother, tackle...defend first. Get kicks and handball off that. Allir, O'Riordan & Lloyd will be distributors.

  10. #70
    i didnt realise that Gould is also born Jan 2001 ie 19yrs old in 6 weeks time the same as Stephens D.O.B.

    so both players lived out of home in Adelaide and with a decent amount of games in the SANFL in 2019 / and State champs maybe more ready then a lot of other top30 draftees
    "everybody loves somebody..........sometimes"


  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    i didnt realise that Gould is also born Jan 2001 ie 19yrs old in 6 weeks time the same as Stephens D.O.B.

    so both players lived out of home in Adelaide and with a decent amount of games in the SANFL in 2019 / and State champs maybe more ready then a lot of other top30 draftees
    Maybe this boosts the argument that the draft age should be increased. That way not just the early year kids have that benefit and kids who may be november / December birthdays miss out because of the same scenario.

    Just shows how difficult it is for someone like McCartin who was at the opposite end of the spectrum to these guys but it accords with someones recent analysis in a thread here about the advantages of early year players in draft situations.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Reid & Buddy FF/CHF, McCartin is the rotation. Blakey is not a "tall" nor will he be stationed as a KPF. If Naismith is fit I'm not sure of Sinkers role. overstocked on quality KPF, rarely happens :-) Also, not sure how we fit Joe D in for 2021!
    Sinkers over Reid as CHF

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO