Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Best 22 for 2020

So, I'd quite like to see:

Backs Rampe Aliir** Mellican Lloyd Dawson** O'Riordan Gould or Brand as a roughie?

Mids Naismith* Kennedy* Parker* Hewitt* Rowbottom Florent Heeney* Blakey* Mills Cunningham

Forwards Franklin Reid** McCartin** Papley*Hayward

* rotating through forwards/mid
    ** swings

Buddy not available, so perhaps Sinclair gets a run.

Pressing for selection: Gray, Clarke, Stephens
    Next tier: Fox, Bell, McIntyre, Ling, Stoddard

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    So, Parker, JPK and Hewett each spend 2/3 of the game on the bench? Are you for serious?
    No. They would rotate between the forwardline, mids and bench. Giving each rotation plenty of rest so they are refreshed for their mid time. I think the key to winning the mids is having fresh bodies in there. You take Bullies, Tigers, Eagles, Pies and Cats. All have plenty of rotations and they use them

Sent from my U27 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Fox have published a best 22. Compared to mine they have Lewis Taylor ahead of Sam Gray and COR ahead of Brand (which leaves us a tad undersized down back, I reckon, depending on the opposition). They haven't found a place for Gould at this stage.

SYDNEY SWANS
    B: Jordan Dawson, Dane Rampe, Jake Lloyd
    HB: Ollie Florent, Aliir Aliir, Callum Mills
    C: Isaac Heeney, Josh Kennedy, Nick Blakey
    HF: Lewis Taylor, Sam Reid, Tom Papley
    F: Will Hayward, Callum Sinclair, Tom McCartin
    FOLL: Sam Naismith, George Hewett, Luke Parker
    I/C: Harry Cunningham, Dylan Stephens, Colin O’Riordan, James Rowbottom
    EMER: Sam Gray, Lewis Melican, Will Gould, Ben Ronke

AFL 2020: Round 1 best 22s for every club, debuts, injury updates, draftees to play straight away, SuperCoach news | Fox Sports
    It is the most inconceived 22 I have ever seen. The guy is an idiot. Ollie playimg HBF for @@@@'s sake.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Where do you get two thirds of the game from? Maybe I should have added "or in the forward line".....but they do deserve a rest at some point. Obviously they will all be in the middle together at times or just two of them in the middle with one resting on the bench or in the forward line or one out there in the middle with one resting on the bench and one in the forward line (or both on the bench). Many players can rotate through the middle, forward line and the bench during a game.....but they all need a rest at some point, either on the bench (proper rest) or in the forward line (partial rest). We need to mix it up a bit and the coaches will just have to work out a way to achieve it.....because it can't just fall on those three all the time and we don't want it to, because they just won't cut it.
    Isn't this what happens already?

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    It is the most inconceived 22 I have ever seen. The guy is an idiot. Ollie playimg HBF for @@@@'s sake.

I agree that we don't need Florent playing as a half flanker but I think it's more about the 22 named than where they're named because the convention of tying names to field positions hasn't kept up with the modem reality. You, especially, seem to grasp this when you are proposing rotating mini-teams through the midfield that have to go elsewhere when they it's not their turn.

I actually think it will be a massive year for Sam Reid, I know this is said every year and I actually love him as a bloke and a player but he has real competition now, McCartin really stepped up, up forward late last year and I can't see the need for paying three talls up there. He must also be secretly hoping Lizard plays up the ground too.

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Best 22

ok, I'll give it a go:

B Rampe Reid Lloyd
    HB Cunningham Aliir Dawson
    C Florent Mills Blakey
    HF Parker McCartin Hayward
    F Papley Franklin Heeney

Foll Naismith, Kennedy, Hewitt

Res: Sinclair, Stephens, Taylor, Rowbottom

Breakout players: Stephens, Rowbottom, Ling.

Time to let Mills be more creative.
    Reid to the backline to give us height, class and experience, also allos McCartin to develop up forward.
    Play Franklin deep, scares the opposition and will prolong his career.

Bottom line, I'm excited about the young talent coming through.

This article I've posted in the pre-season thread suggests picking the forward line for round 1 is going to be tough: Injured Buddy still mentoring AFL's Swans.

Thought I'd have a stab at it after what I witnessed last Saturday & assuming full list availibity. Is subject to change of course!

B: Lloyd Rampe Brand
    HB: Dawson Allir Mills
    C: Rowbottom Kennedy Blakey
    HF: Parker Buddy Hayward
    F: Gray Reid Papley

Foll: Naismith. Heeney. Florent

Int: Hewitt, O'Riordan, Cunningham, McCartin

Gould & Stephens are not walk up starts and need to prove themselves first in the NEAFL

Sinclair and Taylor to come into R1 team for Buddy and Reid who both seem unlikely to be ready.
    Last edited by KSAS; 3rd March 2020 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Thought I'd have a stab at it after what I witnessed last Saturday & assuming full list availibity. Is subject to change of course!

Gould & Stephens are not walk up starts and need to prove themselves first in the NEAFL

Sinclair and Taylor to come into R1 team for Buddy and Reid who both seem unlikely to be ready.
    Seems about right. On paper it's a very competitive side. So I'm hoping that the fact that we didn't compete on the weekend, is just an aberration, rather than a symptom of deeper problems.

Seems about right for me too, possibly the same as the one I posted a little while back, except that I had Stephens ahead of COR, which is a very tough call to make. I also agree with your R1 substitutions.

Yep +1

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast